Getting your connection throttled?

W00bzy

Just now, sneak_stealth said:

By chance have you been doing any use of bittorrent? Or have they hit you with a datacap that you've gone over?

If you haven't done either of those, call and bitch about it

I've had this company for about 3 years and Atleast once or twice a year do I have an issue with my connection being throttled for a rough estimate of 2weeks to a month. I don't have a data cap and If I was using a torrenting service they wouldn't throttle my connection for a few weeks, they would shut me down.

I can't call them either; https://www.consumeraffairs.com/internet/atlantic_broadband.html

You get put on hold for hours at a time.

2 minutes ago, Çhur¢h said:

Can you actually confirm you're being throttled? Power cycled your stuff or checked SNR? Packet loss?

Also, had a router with bad firmware drop me from 100 down to 25

Connection 4 days ago was 12mb.

3 days ago it was 118mb in the morning and when i got home from work it was 4mb,

2 days ago it was 23mb and when i got home from work it was 8mb

today it was 9mb and when i got home it was .20mb.

I've had the same router they gave me 3 years ago and tbh the thing has always been fucking garbage.  The wifi doesn't even reach 15 feet from the router.

Edited by W00bzy
1 hour ago, ViiET said:

When i used to have TWC they would always throttle around peak time. it was the most annoying thing ever. We called and bitch but it doesnt do shit cause they will never admit to throttling your connection. i had to change isp

Changing ISP isn't much of an option without moving. My only other option at my house is frontier whos highest speed is like 24mb for $90 a month.

1 minute ago, W00bzy said:

Changing ISP isn't much of an option without moving. My only other option at my house is frontier whos highest speed is like 24mb for $90 a month.

really? i have frontier and im getting 100/100 for like 110. well frontier took over verizon in this area so im still getting verizon speed just everything is through frontier now

Edited by ViiET
Just now, ViiET said:

really? i have frontier and im getting 100/100 for like 110. well frontier took over verizon in this area so im still getting verizon speed just everything is through frontier now

I live in a rural part of the Appalachian mountains and every option of internet is absolute fucking trash.

Atlantic BB which is what i have throttles my connection.

Frontier gives me 24mb as their best offer

Shentel is 101mb/101down for $200 a month with 1TB data limit.

On 12/9/2016 at 8:46 PM, W00bzy said:

you wont get 24mb.  We are set to 25 for $110 a month and it doesnt work.  100kbps is the highest you will get.

Edit:  The company is ass, only thing available where i live.

Edited by Davis