You Are All De*d?

I Feel it it is High Time that somebody addressed this on the forums...

At random times in the day on the servers, we will receive a sweet little notification on our screen saying "YOU ARE DE*D" and then you lose all of your progress, everybody gets booted the server, All because of a hacker(and then you lose that hemmit of ore and salt) Shows up and everyone on the group chat in the lobby goes bat shit crazy. "I fucking hate you all", "The lot of you are all pieces of shit", "I just lost everything!"

This HAS to stop!!!

So, in the comments we should discuss what the admins, and the community can both do to prevent this from happening again, if anything.

Spoiler

Do not Random Deathmatch (RDM)

RDM is killing another player without any type of HOSTILE role-play being initiated and reasonable amount of time for the target to react.

Intentions must be clearly stated to the intended target, and they MUST be given reasonable time to react.

You can't just say YOU ARE DEAD and kill a guy.
If someone does it anyway, and did not say something like "get out and put your hands up, you have 5 seconds" or something identical to that without mentioning time, but also providing you enough time to react, it is RDM, and you can report him.

Source for that information are the server rules, right here:

Scripters have always been around, happens randomly, totally took your text out of context.

Edited by Zoex
18 minutes ago, Zoex said:

You can't just say YOU ARE DEAD and kill a guy.
If someone does it anyway, and did not say something like "get out and put your hands up, you have 5 seconds" or something identical to that without mentioning time, but also providing you enough time to react, it is RDM, and you can report him.

Source for that information are the server rules, right here:

I´m sure he´s talking about that we all in the server died kind of a server restart but not that

1 hour ago, TwinCities said:

I´m sure he´s talking about that we all in the server died kind of a server restart but not that

That is even more fucked up ;)

Edit: seems like he is speaking about Mission Failed by a scripter/mission error that sends everyone to lobby.
Sometimes Mission Failed happends randomly and it does not have to be someone hacking, but his big font totally confused me.

Edited by Zoex

Script kiddies and injectors are not 100% the cause of this and actually it was very rare that they caused one at all. The mission failed screen can be caused by many different things like the server mem being full or a line of code is looping and failed to execute and those issues we can see an they get address by Paratus. 

1 hour ago, Goldberg Attorney at Law said:

fPbzKzs.gif

The "Mission Failed: All Players Died" message is not often done by a scripter and is just ARMA 3 failing.  My understanding is there is very little that can be done about it.

This... The arma engine is fickle, has memory leakes then you add a semi-quircky (at best) database to it. sometimes it feels like clutching defeat from the jaws of victory.

Also in regards to hackers. its a never ending process. Anti hacks get updated, Hackers find other ways... its an arms race of sorts. Especially with arma. battleye does "some stuff" ok..... like obvious ones (script restrictions, some memory hacks) . But its really 3rd party developers like inifistar or people like paratus that fine tune custom anti hacks to keep up with the hackers. 

TLDR: don't rage or bitch unless you have been knee deep in SQF files trying to find a viable solution.

Edited by Reavantos