An idea for houses.

I have an idea for houses that maybe good or bad, please leave a comment on the pros and cons of the idea listed below and even an idea of your own.

Being able to access crates/barrels with a "Key" while the house is locked.

Owner

When you purchase a house you will automatically receive a "Key". 

Any crate/barrel you place in the house, only you will be able to access them. (Only the owner may destroy and place crates/barrels in the house)

With the "Key" you will have the option to lock the doors and still have the option to look inside your crates/barrels while the house is locked. ("Y" invent and inventory)

With the "Key" you may leave your house unlocked and not have to worry about people trying to take things from your crate while "AFKing" or using the crate yourself.

The "Key" will not be lost in anyway, death/relogging/server restart.

People without the "Key"

If the house is "Unlocked" you will be able to open/close doors. 

If the house is "Locked" you won't be able to open/close doors.

Crates/barrels are impossible to access without the "Key". (May only be given by owner)

People who have been given the "Key" by the owner

They will have the same permissions as the owner. (Can't access house menu or destroy/place crates/barrels)

They will lose the "Key" upon server restart and will have to get the owner to give them the "Key" again.

Gang house

If the house is a "Gang" house, people will automatically receive a "Key" upon joining the gang.

People in the gang will be able to destroy/place crates/barrels.

The "Key" will only be lost if...

-They leave the gang

-The owner leaves the gang

-The gang house is sold

What do you think?

PS. I think LTs + should still have permission to access your house with probable cause. The idea above will prevent anyone other than LTs + accessing and stealing stuff from your crates, this means solo people can not have to worry about a gang robbing them or being "RDMed" in their house while using their crates. 

Thanks for reading!

-Swifty

Edited by Swifty
George likes this
4 minutes ago, PwnCake said:

Adding to the gang house. Id like to be able to restrict access to the gang crate to newer players. also being able to give out like a gang debit card would be nice. Having something that would draw directly from gang funds such as buying a new orca for a bank ect

Yes, I really like this idea. +1

9 minutes ago, Google™ said:

Good idea, but what if someone just sits in a house in Kavala square and keeps reloading mags from his crate while keeping doors locked and there is no LT online... He's basically impossible to stop it seems.

Well to be honest in a real life situation i could keep my doors locked while getting more ammo from my gun safe.Police are OP enough the way it is who cares if their job gets a little harder lol

Just now, PwnCake said:

Well to be honest in a real life situation i could keep my doors locked while getting more ammo from my gun safe.Police are OP enough the way it is who cares if their job gets a little harder lol

Well, in real life I could also shoot while driving. In real life I can also use a knife to attack cops while in cuffs, but is this real life no it's Arma 3 a game

Just now, Google™ said:

Well, in real life I could also shoot while driving. In real life I can also use a knife to attack cops while in cuffs, but is this real life no it's Arma 3 a game

I just think your argument is a little one sided and in favor of the police force. Im not saying make it real life but for you to say that we as cops wont be able to get inside? You should maybe try and RP the situation and talk the alleged shooter down rather than running in guns blazing.

Just now, PwnCake said:

I just think your argument is a little one sided and in favor of the police force. Im not saying make it real life but for you to say that we as cops wont be able to get inside? You should maybe try and RP the situation and talk the alleged shooter down rather than running in guns blazing.

Talk down a pistol banger? Have you not been in Kavala? They don't want negotiations they want victims. They want bodies. They want money. They want pistols. They want chaos.

Edited by Google™
Big Bird likes this
16 minutes ago, Google™ said:

Good idea, but what if someone just sits in a house in Kavala square and keeps reloading mags from his crate while keeping doors locked and there is no LT online... He's basically impossible to stop it seems.

This is a valid problem, maybe we could allow Constables to unlock/lock houses but not able to access crates/barrels only LTs + will have that permission.