How can the APD improve?

I have been trying to make informational posts on how to treat the civilians better (not saying nobody treats civs good). But I mainly play cop on server 3 so I thought why not get advice from the people that have to deal with the APD on all of the servers. I would like to hear how you think the APD could improve either RP or just better treatment of the civilians. This is not a thread to bash individual players. If you have a problem with a person in particular bring it up with a higher ranking officer, keep it out of this thread. 

So please leave comments with advice for the APD, if you have any, and I will figure out a way to relay the information gathered to the force. 

Robocopping is always an issue, one that I don't know is entirely fixable.

The biggest thing the APD can improve on is improving relations with civilians.  Not as in cops getting along better with gangs.  but the fact that almost every civilian see's police as a separate faction with their own interest.  If you call the police begging for help, you're probably not going to get and police are not going to do much with you to unless you're a wanted criminal.  Most of the time, when players are interacting with police it is while they are being processed and usually not too many other times.

Most cops don't seem interested in essentially winning the hearts and minds of civilians and there's also not much incentive to do so.  I personally think it would be more fun if a police officer in his spare time was helping assist a miner get his goods processed and delivered safely or more 911 calls being answered and saving civilians from being robbed/killed, ect.  I think if police went on to do more to assist civilians, lots of players wouldn't think as police as just the faction to fight and I think it would make for a better game.

Treeontyn, George, Consuela and 2 others like this