Smart individuals join the APD

Te APD Seems slightly unbalanced in its individuals, i will repost my opinion here. If you think you are smart, have good leadership, apply for the APD please(you're needed). Anyways here(there is a number of reasons this topic is important, cop makes of 50% of our teams, ignoring medic): 

Tell me what you think of my story.

When reading a post mentioning sucking Up to higherups and whatnot:

I will most likely never get promoted Past constable. Been one for 15 months, and ill tell you right now ill never suck up to nor feign respect to the extremely high number of arrogant, idiotic sergeants that inhabit the APD. So far, the APD has picked decent LTs(not captains sadly), but the sgts that were picked in that mass wave led way to a terribpe state of power control. Id love to be corporal and help the APD(they need it), but the sgt stage in an APD career is the first stage where cops start to get some power, and it's apparent which ones take their power way too far and let it reach their heads. And its also apparent which sgts are truly anti-social beings who have no respect in real life also as in-game. There are good sgts no doubt, but youll never see me suck dick to get corporal. There are numerous recordings and situations in general where this power complex can be seen. Its a true shame sgts have so much power in game as well. Many hop on for a 30 minute period, screw up the entire server by changing strategies, suggesting foolish ideas/tactics, using lethal power to completely screw the APD (2v10?? Down them since youre antagonising rebels). 

Edited by Kryptonn
2 minutes ago, M0T4RD said:

I agree with your post and all don't suck dick that's gay but I'm confused as to what we're doing here. Is this a recruiting drive? A complaint? Or a discussion?? What's going on here?

Its a discussion, and a complaint. But i dont Want it controlled by other officers in the APD section, id like everyones input. Thd point is, we need smart people. The APD and their bias prevents good players from ranking up. You want RP?? Do you realize how easy RP Is if you simply aren't socially akward? Some of the greatest players can RP(Buhbye/Fred), but where's the desire to do so? If I felt a desire and benefit from RP, i'd do it more. Playing the game and being good is hard, RPing takes ZERO effort, so why are people being promoted for using ZERO effort? If some of us officers got rank-ups we'd have a motive to go all out rping  but currently there is none. Thats why when senior constables around, the APD had an inherent respect you could just sense.

Edited by Kryptonn

I agree, I think I was at a prison with you recently where it was like 5-6 v 10 and we was told no lethals at all before he even got to the fucking prison you don't even know the situation and you're calling none lethals? Fuck off man

Edited by Ronald Spiffington
Just now, Jaylen Sarrett said:

You keep talking about "power" this, and power that.... And "Sgts have too much power"

What exactly are you referring to? 

Their cockiness, arrogance. Mesning, they think they have the power of an entire captain. Many of them threaten people, are belittling, and think people are scared of them and their ability to issue 'points'.

I agree that these past months (not just me saying it) promoting is more about who do you know instead of the capabilities of someone but that doesn't mean that everyone is bad. it's true there is bad higher ups but there is also good higher ups. your discussion is more of it a complaint or a hate speech but for things to change someone have to step up therefore it's up to the captains to change the current system (even thought they don't care much). I could suggest one or two things that could help but it's all about the community willing to this change.

Olivia likes this
Just now, Kryptonn said:

Their cockiness, arrogance. Mesning, they think they have the power of an entire captain. Many of them threaten people, are belittling, and think people are scared of them and their ability to issue 'points'.

SGTs can't issue points, and captain ed has stated that any SGT who threatens anyone with points will receive the points he threatened

Olivia and Ed. like this
1 minute ago, Ronald Spiffington said:

I agree, I think I was at a prison with you recently where it was like 5-6 v 10 and we was told no lethals at all before he even got to the fucking prison you don't even know the situation and you're calling none lethals? Fuck off man

Well, how could he call for lethals while not being at the situation?

You realize that if a SGT approves lethals, and those lethals are abused, you know who will get in trouble right? The SGT....

Olivia likes this
Just now, Sleepy said:

I agree that these past months (not just me saying it) promoting is more about who do you know instead of the capabilities of someone but that doesn't mean that everyone is bad. it's true there is bad higher ups but there is also good higher ups. your discussion is more of it a complaint or a hate speech but for things to change someone have to step up therefore it's up to the captains to change the current system (even thought they don't care much). I could suggest one or two things that could help but it's all about the community willing to this change.

Promotions for the most part have always been who you know, the only reason I got corp last year was because of the amount of cock slamming the back of my throat

Well, how could he call for lethals while not being at the situation?

You realize that if a SGT approves lethals, and those lethals are abused, you know who will get in trouble right? The SGT....

How would you get in trouble? Your officers wouldve Lied to you if there wasnt 5-6 officers vs a whole gang. Fighting a full gang, with even even numbers and using lethals is not abuse... so when you see the damned gang has 10-11 people, and only 4/15 officers want to do their job, how could you even think about getting in trouble for abusing lethals?

2 minutes ago, Deathslug said:

yeah i was with a cadet today 1st day didnt talk in game at all just pulled people out of cars restrained them and just gave a ticket for speedin tickets and he didnt talk did i mention he did talk? str8^ money hungry

Had a cadet down me middle of kavala, restrain me, and give me a 15k ticket before i even woke up; RIP GG.  I don't entirely blame the cadet, but this is a direct reflection of the type of people you have "training" and what's to be expected once these cadets become constables. 

3 minutes ago, Sleepy said:

Im Saying the community has no say, and thats how it's wanted apparently.

I think the problem here is this guy got upset at a situation and is now bringing it to the forums and trying to make us think a certain way of the APD because of his bad experience with not following directions. 

As you said, you are a Constable, that means you take orders, if that feels like you are sucking someones dick then that's your own fault for thinking that way. There are ranks for a reason, just because a higher up can tell you what to do does not mean they have too much power. 

11 minutes ago, Kryptonn said:

Its a discussion, and a complaint. But i dont Want it controlled by other officers in the APD section, id like everyones input. Thd point is, we need smart people. The APD and their bias prevents good players from ranking up. You want RP?? Do you realize how easy RP Is if you simply aren't socially akward? Some of the greatest players can RP(Buhbye/Fred), but where's the desire to do so? If I felt a desire and benefit from RP, i'd do it more. Playing the game and being good is hard, RPing takes ZERO effort, so why are people being promoted for using ZERO effort? If some of us officers got rank-ups we'd have a motive to go all out rping  but currently there is none. Thats why when senior constables around, the APD had an inherent respect you could just sense.

Unfortunately anytime we bring up the topic of "not enough RP" I've always seen an admin post and say "Asylum is a minimal RP server if you don't like it go elsewhere" or something along those lines. That being said, I retired my involvement in that subject a long ass time ago.

Olivia likes this
Just now, Kryptonn said:

How would you get in trouble? Your officers wouldve Lied to you if there wasnt 5-6 officers vs a whole gang. Fighting a full gang, with even even numbers and using lethals is not abuse... so when you see the damned gang has 10-11 people, and only 4/15 officers want to do their job, how could you even think about getting in trouble for abusing lethals?

i may agree, i have no issues with authorizing lethals, look at my APD tag name.... But i certainly will never authorize lethals to situations i'm not aware of or at, atleast until i arrive and can see the situation for myself... Just the way it is man.

I'll agree, there are some people in staff positions that shouldn't be, but that is life and complaining about it doesn't help anything.  Maybe try to do something to help resolve the issue?

Everything in life is biased... Not just promotions in the Asylum Life APD...

Maybe try talking to a LT or two and say you are interested in a promotion and are curious what you need to do to reach that rank.

Freaking out about it wont help anything buddy.  Life isn't fair, life sucks, but guess what...

"There is only one thing guaranteed in life, and that is death."

^^That quote doesn't include a promotion to corporal^^

Edited by Windmere
RomanRunsCA and Olivia like this

i may agree, i have no issues with authorizing lethals, look at my APD tag name.... But i certainly will never authorize lethals to situations i'm not aware of or at, atleast until i arrive and can see the situation for myself... Just the way it is man.

Then why are left up to you to decide our fates?  The server was so darn good when cops could authorize their own lethals If highest on scene. You abused it? Youre out. How it was for a great period, people got their points if they abused, and it was better.

1 minute ago, Kryptonn said:

Then why are left up to you to decide our fates?  

Because, we had a time where constables and corporals could authorize lethals at their own situation if no higher up was there, and it was aids.... Everyone was lethaled 24/7....

But i agree, officers should be able to decide their own fates... But the reality is, they'd abuse that decision and they have before

Edited by Jaylen Sarrett
Mike Stmria likes this
3 minutes ago, Windmere said:

I'll agree, there are some people in staff positions that shouldn't be, but that is life and complaining about it doesn't help anything.  Maybe try to do something to help resolve the issue?

Maybe try talking to a LT or two and say you are interested in a promotion and are curious what you need to do to reach that rank.

Freaking out about it wont help anything buddy.  Life isn't fair, life sucks, but guess what...

"That is life". No. One thing id Suggest is dont Associate a game with real life. This game /community should never impact your real life.

Edited by Kryptonn
1 minute ago, Windmere said:

And again, no one is freaking out. Id Gladly Become permanent constable to get the system changed for OTHERS. Id Rather see fairness for the masses then get myself a benefit.

HenryHoover likes this

Contrary to popular belief:

Sucking up to higher ups isn't what gets most people promoted, that's why we have voting. One SGT or one LT doesn't carry a vote, being a good cop gets you promoted.

Secondly, from what I see, higher ups do a great job RPing with civs, but the fact remains over half of civs refuse to RP when they get caught. Then when they say, "just give me my ticket! I'm not explaining shit!" they feel like they have the right to complain that the cop did just exactly that and didn't rp with them.

Be a good cop, RP well, train cadets well and you'll get noticed. It seems like the cops who believe that fact always tend to end up promoted quickest.

Windmere, Olivia, Eli and 1 other like this
25 minutes ago, Kryptonn said:

extremely high number of arrogant, idiotic sergeants that inhabit the APD. So far, the APD has picked decent LTs(not captains sadly), but the sgts that were picked in that mass wave led way to a terrible state of power control.  Its a true shame sgts have so much power in game as well. Many hop on for a 30 minute period, screw up the entire server by changing strategies, suggesting foolish ideas/tactics, using lethal power to completely screw the APD.

xzvtg.jpg

Olivia, Shepurd, Sergio and 8 others like this
1 minute ago, Relic said:

Contrary to popular belief:

Sucking up to higher ups isn't what gets most people promoted, that's why we have voting. One SGT or one LT doesn't carry a vote, being a good cop gets you promoted.

Secondly, from what I see, higher ups do a great job RPing with civs, but the fact remains over half of civs refuse to RP when they get caught. Then when they say, "just give me my ticket! I'm not explaining shit!" they feel like they have the right to complain that the cop did just exactly that and didn't rp with them.

Be a good cop, RP well, train cadets well and you'll get noticed. It seems like the cops who believe that fact always tend to end up promoted quickest.

What? You know the truth, that you wont Be promoted playing/speaking on the forums the way i do. Even if i follow every rule, disagree fairly, etc. Wont happen. Youve Seen how many people comment about me using lethals, regardless of the fact i get authorized every single time(why i have never gotten points for misusing lethals). Im not a rule breaker, just only post vids of when i use lethals.

Edited by Kryptonn
Just now, Kryptonn said:

What? You know the truth, that you wont Be promoted playing/speaking on the forums the eay i do. Even if i follow every rule, disagree fsirly, etc. Wont happen.

I was....

I was a very opinionated corporal and constable, and a controversial one at times, and i would speak my mind just as you are.... I was promoted.... You ever think maybe, you're not being promoted for another reason?

Just now, Kryptonn said:

What? You know the truth, that you wont Be promoted playing/speaking on the forums the eay i do. Even if i follow every rule, disagree fsirly, etc. Wont happen.

And it's easy to figure out why.

The people who are in charged of voting for your permission see more of your forum posts then cop play time and that forms their impression of you.

Jaylen Sarrett likes this
Just now, Relic said:

And it's easy to figure out why.

The people who are in charged of voting for your permission see more of your forum posts then cop play time and that forms their impression of you.

Too bad they are supposed to be fair and unbiased. I have never gotte  To a vote as far as i know anyways, ive never put in effort to get 50-50. Its not a large concern for me.