AR-2 Darter

Should certain members of the APD gain access to the AR-2 Darter?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Should certain members of the APD gain access to the AR-2 Darter?

• Yes, select members should be allowed access to the AR-2 Darter
    • No, the AR-2 Darter is meant for Sergeants and higher and should not be granted to select members

Withing the APD, we all strive for promotions. Taking on more responsibilities, leading our fellow officers, and access to shiny, more sophisticated gear. Corporals are given access to new Police slots, Undercover, Medic, and Drug (Doesn't work). Sergeants are given access to the Hunters, Orcas, and the main focus of this post, the AR-2 Darter. I've been an officer for almost a year, during that time, there have been a minute handfuls in which someone used the drone. I can't pinpoint the exact reason for the lack of use, it could be the price or that during the altercations, there wasn't a Sergeant+ available. Needless to say, this nifty gadget is neglected and hardly used. Here's my suggestion, and please be reasonable and hear me out. Certain individuals, Constable+, should be granted access to utilize the Darter. I'm not saying pick people willy-nilly, but to handpick a few individuals and lay ground works and rules on the specific use and consequences of misuse of this drone. I suck at combat in ArmA 3, if I down or kill you while playing cop, you are either new to this game or should just sell your entire computer and buy a Wii. What I don't suck at is spotting, marking, and calling out. I've spent my fair share of Federal Reserve robberies, Bank robberies, and Prison Breaks, hanging back and marking positions of Rebels and officers when they are taken down. I don't have much more to say, something so powerful is under utilized and left in a corner to collect dust. Hopefully we can do something about it? Let's be civil in the comments and leave your responses, if you aren't a part of the APD, still leave your response. IF you mostly play Rebel, this will give you something else to shoot at... WHEN VOTING! Please vote and give your reason behind your decision!

Edited by Patrick James
DreamC likes this

not gonna happen... in order to allow some constables to buy them, you'd need to make them buy-able by all constables..

i don't think there is a way to whitelist a constable to use non-constable gear, without making the gear constable gear or promoting the constable... 

If constables or corporals want to use the drone, they should work hard and make their way up the chain of command.

but i do agree, the drone is the most useful tool the APD has honestly

Edited by Jaylen Sarrett

The drone is buggy and heavy. Sometimes you'll go invisible, the drone will just spin in circles or just despawn out of nowhere. I don't use it because it just weighs way too much to be worth it.

Corporals had it previously and messed it up enough to have it removed. I highly doubt the Captains will bring it back for ranks below Sgt. and I would prefer if they didn't due to the abuse that would ensue.

Crow, Jaylen Sarrett and Reavantos like this
3 minutes ago, Warbalin said:

Corporals had it previously and messed it up enough to have it removed. I highly doubt the Captains will bring it back for ranks below Sgt. and I would prefer if they didn't due to the abuse that would ensue.

This, I'm not sure how they messed up, but it's been brought up before and the reason its SGT plus is the reason Warbalin gave. Sadly some people ruin it for everyone but  ¯\_ツ_/¯

Edited by The Boss
2 minutes ago, Warbalin said:

The drone is buggy and heavy. Sometimes you'll go invisible, the drone will just spin in circles or just despawn out of nowhere. I don't use it because it just weighs way too much to be worth it.

Figures that they already ruined it, maybe make a slot that Corporals+ can spawn in as. Make certain rules regarding it and if broken, severe punishment should ensue...

DreamC likes this
1 minute ago, Patrick James said:

Figures that they already ruined it, maybe make a slot that Corporals+ can spawn in as. Make certain rules regarding it and if broken, severe punishment should ensue...

I like the idea of adding a recon slot or something, would make white-listing for the drone ez.

2 minutes ago, Patrick James said:

That's how it was, but no one could prove how it was being abused, the very few that got caught got removed.

They pretty much either placed drones at each illegal area and just checked it every few minutes. Or just stayed in the tower at cocaine and checked the field with the drones from 1km in the air.

19 minutes ago, Patrick James said:

They did it with SWAT somehow, Paratus is a smart cookie, he could find a way :)

Not exactly, you're still not whitelisted to have that gear, it just spawns you in the  load out... You can wear any cop gear at anytime, it's just, you can't buy it and you'll obviously get in trouble.

Spawning someone with a loadout is different than whitelisted a few players to buy the loadouts themselves

5 minutes ago, Jaylen Sarrett said:

Not exactly, you're still not whitelisted to have that gear, it just spawns you in the  load out... You can wear any cop gear at anytime, it's just, you can't buy it and you'll obviously get in trouble.

Spawning someone with a loadout is different than whitelisted a few players to buy the loadouts themselves

Like patrick said, adding a slot such as recon or something would be much easier imo, you could just spawn with one on your back

Edited by The Boss

I disagree.

Maybe giving to drone to the recon loadout in swat... but Corporals & under should not get drones due to the past...

Just go for promotions, if you want to help the APD out and use all the gadgets and tools to do so, show some initiative, get out there and train cadets, talk to SGTs and LTs, get to know them and move through the ranks if you want the gear...

I just don't ever see this happening. I wouldn't object to it if it did, nor would i advocate for it, i'm neutral as i wasn't around when corps had drones..., but i really don't think this will l happen, given captains positions on this issue.... They made it SGT+ for a reason.