Pc upgrades

Donk

Thinking about finally going intel over my amd and ive been putting a potential build together but am just wanting to see what the opinions of the community would be if its worth it.

http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=29682086

my main question is do you guys think its worth to go ahead and prepare for the ddr4 takeover that the industry is pushing with the new cpu's or should i just wait and get a 4790k for instance.

Current cpu: AMD A10-6800k quad-core 4.1ghz

11 minutes ago, Hiraku said:

No GPU?

And im fairly sure MOBOs come with SATA cables anyway.

ive got a 970 so i dont need to upgrade that lol

also i dont have a 6gb sata cable i think all of mine are 3, so i wanted one for the ssd

Edited by Donk
11 minutes ago, Donk said:

so you agree with the wishlist i posted then?

You could likely save some money by going with a cheaper motherboard, the one you have selected is a bit overkill, but if you're set on it then it'll definitely do the job. Other than that it looks good, make sure that the RAM you have selected will clear, depending on your aftermarket cooling (if you go that route) you may have clearance issues with those RAM modules.

9 minutes ago, Abstand said:

You could likely save some money by going with a cheaper motherboard, the one you have selected is a bit overkill, but if you're set on it then it'll definitely do the job. Other than that it looks good, make sure that the RAM you have selected will clear, depending on your aftermarket cooling (if you go that route) you may have clearance issues with those RAM modules.

what would cause it to not clear?

Just now, Donk said:

what would cause it to not clear?

IMG_6526.jpg

For example in this photo depending on the size of your aftermarket cooler it may or may not extend over the RAM slots on your motherboard. You need to make sure that your CPU cooling method isn't going to interfere with your RAM slots, if you are at all concerned about it you can choose Low Profile RAM. Vengence LP is a great model but you'll have to see if they offer a ddr4 version. 

8 minutes ago, Abstand said:

IMG_6526.jpg

For example in this photo depending on the size of your aftermarket cooler it may or may not extend over the RAM slots on your motherboard. You need to make sure that your CPU cooling method isn't going to interfere with your RAM slots, if you are at all concerned about it you can choose Low Profile RAM. Vengence LP is a great model but you'll have to see if they offer a ddr4 version. 

ohhhhhhh i thought you meant something else, yeah yeah it will be fine lol

2 minutes ago, KevinOB said:

If you have all the moneys to spend, then go for it. But thats just a lot for a mobo. 

im all down for saving some bucks, that was just the first one i really saw that i felt i wouldnt need to replace for a long time. but if youve got one you think would be just as good let me know.