Write up on Custom Built vs Pre-Built. (Current Prices with every detail).

Gatorade

Hi Everyone, I appreciated everyone's help on the other thread I made so I put together some notes I took down on the price differences incase anyone was wondering. Its essentially around a 300 dollar difference to have it prebuilt. If you take into consideration the free game, free rgb lights, cheap keyboard / mouse you  could argue that its a 150-200 dollar mark up for it being built. I don't think most people will give a shit about any of those things though.

Write up:

Prices:

*******Building myself********************

1. Prices through one single merchent:
Amazon was generally the best - 1,263.33 without video card , 1,763.32 with (1170 estimated 499.99$)
Amazon has combo deals that end up making this the cheaper route if you dont want to deal with rebates. (Or they may be
a bonus even).

2. Prices through combined vendors
Mix of 3 - 4 vendors saves you roughly 40 bucks (And most of its mail and rebates), $1725.53.
If you don't count rebates its actually more since amazon bundles cpu and mb -> 1768.55

Note: This is with the 4 year warrenty on MB, Ram, CPU.
+ Video card warrenty would be 3 years for 8.92 or 4 years for 59.85. I would probably add the 8.92 lol.
~ $1734.45

Benefits:
- More selection of parts , which in my circumstance I love a certain case and want to wait for the 11 series card.
- Amazon deals and CD for my own windows for future reasons.
- No Shipping nightmares as amazon is usually pretty good with that.
- Quick easy returns.

Cons:
- Building it my self in a small area and the time consumption.
- Would have to hope I manage to snag one of the 11 series cards with all the competition when it comes out.
- Individual part ownership basically.
- Not as professional as the company who does it.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/pCsGP3
- Please note I wouldn't actually use the video card listed here. I just put it as a price comparable to what the
1170 will be estimated as.

******* Prebuilt ******************

1. CyberPower PC had the most reasonable prices while having some choices that were still cool
Price with premium warrenty (19$) + Ultra Packaging Protection (19$) + Thermal Paste ($10) + Professional Cable Wiring Care
- $2088.
Price without any of the above $2021

Configuration#: 1KLN42 
(http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/saved/1KLN42)

Benefits:
- Free Game ~ 40$ value
- Free RBG Lighting
- Optional keyboard + mouse for cheap (Most people wouldn't give a shit but at  work it never hurts to have another
keyboard / mouse).
- Don't have to build it, and quality of build is from professionals rather than my self.
- Software is already installed and updated
- One stop place for warrenty and support (Provided its not shit).

Cons:
- Warranty:
Warranty Coverage - Company warrants to the original purchaser that the Product(s) shall be free of any defect in material 
or workmanship for a period of three years for labor and one year for parts from the date of the original invoice from 
Company. Company shall have the sole discretion in determining whether Product is covered under the warranty for labor 
and/or warranty for parts. Should the Product(s) supplied by Company prove defective by reason of improper workmanship or 
material as reasonably determined by Company, Company agrees,  at its option, to either repair or replace the Product free 
of charge, excluding any shipping or handling charges.

- Case is a full tower instead of a mid - will be a pain in the ass for current set up.
- Risking shipping your entire PC built.
- Takes minimum of two to three weeks before shipping, god knows how long it will take to ship.
- Prices may vary when the 11 series comes out and they could get jaaaaacked up or you are forced to go with a video card
option for now.
- Essentially costs 250-300$ for them to build it.

Penguin_ likes this
51 minutes ago, Sugarfoot said:

whats that? and why

It’s recommend you a pc around a price point and you can change things out of the Bulid it has a 99$ fee Buliding ,wiring ,etc also gives you a estimate FPS on some games you choose to play also builds it at msrp

Edited by FarmerSteve
39 minutes ago, Maric said:

If you want the experience of building a PC and really understand it, DIY. If you want the piece of mind and don't know a lot, go with the prebuilt.

Ive built a few, I was just curious what the price differences were on an exact replica so I put together all the numbers and provided it thats all.

- Its also a matter of, the time spent building is time I could have spent working so it may end up being worth less to build it. All depends

1 hour ago, Azeh said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/7mxz6s

Also, paying for Windows? Please...

39 minutes ago, Randy. said:

I was gonna say... Who the fuck pays for windows now days considering you can get it free legally from microsoft...

The last windows I ripped off was probably about 7 years ago that im still using from a fake boot usb that I changed the reg keys for. I thought for once I would just buy a legit one, unless you know of another way :D

1 hour ago, FarmerSteve said:

It’s recommend you a pc around a price point and you can change things out of the Bulid it has a 99$ fee Buliding ,wiring ,etc also gives you a estimate FPS on some games you choose to play also builds it at msrp

Sweet, ill take a look at it

34 minutes ago, Sugarfoot said:

The last windows I ripped off was probably about 7 years ago that im still using from a fake boot usb that I changed the reg keys for. I thought for once I would just buy a legit one, unless you know of another way :D

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 Download the windows 10 installation media tool. download your desired version of windows 10 to a usb. boot from usb. you will have a small unnoticeable watermark on your desktop, but doesnt show up in apps like games.

Forgot to add: when it asks for a key just click "not now" or "later", whatever it says. 

Edited by Randy.

@Sugarfoot I personally have a cyberpowerpc, And nothing but perfection. A lot of reviews say it is a bad website but my build was awesome. Pretty much emailed me every-day along the process, Explained how it was going and the guy working on my shit actually reccomended a change in casing to produce more airflow, And actually save quite a bit of cash. I was quite impressed with the service. Customer service has no problem working with you.

When I bought a pre-built, It wasn't so much a matter of not knowing how to build a pc as I could most likely figure it out but I feel it was a lot safer to have a professional do it, So if they fuck up its on them. Its not on me if I somehow bend a pin on a $400 processor. 

P.S, You will not need the professional wiring job. They try to keep it clean so it is easy to work on. I didn't get the wiring job and my shit looks clean. If u have any questions just hmu in msgs. I can tell u more if needed. 

Edited by Tom Kappa