Changing of the requirements for Evidence

I personally think it would be a great idea to change the requirement of posting any video on YouTube for evidence. Yes, by all means that can be an option but please at least add an option for Discord screen sharing videos to be a possibility as well. Reason for this suggestion  can easily be described in a few points below:

• Not everyone has really good upload speed(Upload speed is needed when you are uploading a video to YouTube or other services). 
  • The file-size of videos; considering the required length of the videos, and that it preferably is clear in quality  that would require the video resolution to be at least 720p or better. This causes a rather large file to be created. 
  • You would be able to handle a lot more issues or comp requests effectively, and be able to make the server less-likely to have trolls by evidence being able to be taken through Discord screen shares.

The reason for this suggestion is literally not only myself but a few others I've met don't have the best data speeds. While we can connect and play on the servers smoothly, there shouldn't be a reason not to take discord screen-share if we're recording videos in 720p. Personally a few times I've recorded issues of RDM/VDM, or FailRP where the video was easily 15-20 minutes in length, where I could simply show the incident to a moderator or staff member this issue would be handled.There is a handful of people at least, and most likely more that would record if it was worth the time of being able to submit tickets that would be resolved. I personally record all my time on the Asylum Life servers, I have many times caught people RDM/VDM/FailRP against myself and would like to be able to have compensation or some action taken against the issues. 

No, needs to be recorded and sent to us. Often times, especially when it’s RDM i end up watching the video 2-3 times. 
And often I’m pausing during this checking logs and using other tools.

Once through just to know what’s happening, a second to really focus and listen to audio while just stareing at the bottom corner of the screen looking for kills. then again When they appeal the ban and provide their side of the story.

It’s simply not a viable option in most cases to sit in a discord call with someone and have them scrub around while discord shits the bed and goes down to 240p quality making it impossible to read the chat.

You have 72 hours to make a report. Just start your upload after you go to bed and make the report in the morning.

If you're making a rdm/vdm report which is 15 - 20 mins long I wanna start this off by saying you're probably retarded. Secondly how is discord screen sharing a viable option? You want someone to be able to arrange a call with you on discord at a certain time for them to look over evidence and probably have your sped arse cry when they say it wasn't rdm/vdm?

Edited by Mason Statham
Chris Peacock likes this
18 hours ago, Mason Statham said:

If you're making a rdm/vdm report which is 15 - 20 mins long I wanna start this off by saying you're probably retarded. Secondly how is discord screen sharing a viable option? You want someone to be able to arrange a call with you on discord at a certain time for them to look over evidence and probably have your sped arse cry when they say it wasn't rdm/vdm?

It is understandable that you are surprised for length. Any report does require the video to have at least 5 minutes prior to the incident and then the incident itself.  For VDM it's 10 seconds before the incident. It's dependent upon the issue that is happening. My apologies for the 15-20 minute long, I was going off old information. If I remember correctly it used to be 5 minutes prior to the incident and 5 minutes after the incident.  That's why I stated 15-20 minutes just for the reason that some issues are not cut and dry all the time. 

18 hours ago, Patato said:

No, needs to be recorded and sent to us. Often times, especially when it’s RDM i end up watching the video 2-3 times. 
And often I’m pausing during this checking logs and using other tools.

Once through just to know what’s happening, a second to really focus and listen to audio while just stareing at the bottom corner of the screen looking for kills. then again When they appeal the ban and provide their side of the story.

It’s simply not a viable option in most cases to sit in a discord call with someone and have them scrub around while discord shits the bed and goes down to 240p quality making it impossible to read the chat.

You have 72 hours to make a report. Just start your upload after you go to bed and make the report in the morning.

I understand what you're getting at and thought about that after reading this. It does make more sense to have a YouTube video to review evidence especially when it comes to appeals. I'll try and see what can be done then to speed up the upload speed then. Because leaving a computer on for something like 18 hours is not exactly something I would like to do. 

If a staff could close this suggestion or delete it afterwards it's much appreciated. Thank you for your reply.