Change things up for Medics?

I've been playing Medic for a bit, and I like how hectic it can get on busy nights. But, a few things really bug me about the class.

The worst thing about it is people who call for medics but respawn anyway. Can something be done about this? I'm tired of flying out across the island for people 8km away, but respawn as soon as the timer lets them.

First thought is some sort of system that incentivizes someone calling for a medic, and penalizes them for respawning after calling one, but not to the point where they stop calling medics.

Another thing that bothers a lot of medics that play is that the pay is so low. It doesn't take a lot to have a very bad night playing the class because of kills and people respawning after calling medics.

But the pay wouldn't be that bad if we could get to more people who call for medics and...

RDM/Red Zones

Can the rules be updated a little to deal with the fact that the vast majority of medics are unarmed? The class can't buy weapons or vests/gear by normal means. So, for the most part, we're completely defenseless. I'd like to have something like warning shots for entering a zone if a group doesn't want me to revive someone, or verbal/text warnings. Instead, it is KOS.

Talking with other people in game about medics, a lot of people also want medics to be whitelisted, because I guess a lot of people think that most medics are worthless.

5 minutes ago, Doctor Butts said:

RDM/Red Zones

Can the rules be updated a little to deal with the fact that the vast majority of medics are unarmed? The class can't buy weapons or vests/gear by normal means. So, for the most part, we're completely defenseless. I'd like to have something like warning shots for entering a zone if a group doesn't want me to revive someone, or verbal/text warnings. Instead, it is KOS.

So you mean I'm at a cartel you are flying a little bird in How am I supposed to know if your are a medic or civ. Also if I do see your a medic and don't shoot you out of the help you land I'm 500M out from the cartel I see you reviving an enemy you want me to text you saying don't revive him by then he will be up and gone.

I suggested warning shots too: I can take a risk of going into a red zone, but if some shots land at my feet (or sound nearby), I'll know there's an active fight going on and I have the choice of risking my neck or bugging out.

Unless the littlebird is stolen: it's obvious what kind of chopper is a medic and what is not.

7 minutes ago, Doctor Butts said:

I suggested warning shots too: I can take a risk of going into a red zone, but if some shots land at my feet (or sound nearby), I'll know there's an active fight going on and I have the choice of risking my neck or bugging out.

Unless the littlebird is stolen: it's obvious what kind of chopper is a medic and what is not.

Medic helis don't load in properly they are black sometimes 

On 5/18/2016 at 11:47 AM, Haych said:

A simple but time consuming fix. This really does need to be fixed to avoid confusion + it makes the server look low tier

Yea same thing with cop and medic cars they will be black sometimes so who the hell knows if its a cop or medic rolling up to you when you sitting there with your 7.62 (: 

1 hour ago, Doctor Butts said:

Can the rules be updated a little to deal with the fact that the vast majority of medics are unarmed? The class can't buy weapons or vests/gear by normal means. So, for the most part, we're completely defenseless. I'd like to have something like warning shots for entering a zone if a group doesn't want me to revive someone, or verbal/text warnings. Instead, it is KOS

Which my post comes into specific need. I have no idea why the DEV team thought it was important to make EMT/Medic unarmed (taser, mase).. perhaps they come from a small rural community, but in larger cities we're given everything we need to do our job.

Secondly for those complaining about "how do I know that you're a medic" ... uniforms and specialized vehicles. What else do you need?

If you don't want someone revived when a EMT/Medic is reviving then either say so and provide AMPLE (not 1-2-3-6 seconds) time for the medic to stop. I've been killed many times by BH, Police, and civs while reviving player(s) but when I stop they continue to threaten to kill me even after I stop and they kill anyway. Also, if a EMT/Medic does not stop who was revived just shoot the revived player again, there is no need to cause harm to the EMT/Medic. An EMT/Medic cannot revive someone who's just been revived for at least another 3 minutes, then you can discuss the matter with the EMT/Medic. Most of us will adhere to your request, but killing an EMT/Medic ought to raise a very HIGH bounty+jail.

Edited by Vanadium
1 hour ago, Vanadium said:

Which my post comes into specific need. I have no idea why the DEV team thought it was important to make EMT/Medic unarmed (taser, mase).. perhaps they come from a small rural community, but in larger cities we're given everything we need to do our job.

Secondly for those complaining about "how do I know that you're a medic" ... uniforms and specialized vehicles. What else do you need?

If you don't want someone revived when a EMT/Medic is reviving then either say so and provide AMPLE (not 1-2-3-6 seconds) time for the medic to stop. I've been killed many times by BH, Police, and civs while reviving player(s) but when I stop they continue to threaten to kill me even after I stop and they kill anyway. Also, if a EMT/Medic does not stop who was revived just shoot the revived player again, there is no need to cause harm to the EMT/Medic. An EMT/Medic cannot revive someone who's just been revived for at least another 3 minutes, then you can discuss the matter with the EMT/Medic. Most of us will adhere to your request, but killing an EMT/Medic ought to raise a very HIGH bounty+jail.

Again as I mentioned before the medic helis and cars don't load in properly half the time.the uniforms are not noticeable when your going 250 in a little bird that is not medic colours and in 500M away from you. Also if I don't want somebody revived I tell you not to do so and you do I'm Gona kill you. 

14 minutes ago, blaylocke said:

I have noticed people shooting at me like I'm a cop swooping in. This may be a non starter, but giving the medics a more distinct siren may help, like the French ambulance siren, for example. Something that stands out as different from police stuff.

Just a thought.

They do have a different siren but from 500M out no way in hell Im hearing it.

The siren is different, but I don't think people in the moment stop to hear the difference. It's not distinctly different when you're panicked that the cops are swooping in. That said, getting gunned down happens so rarely it would be a bit silly to even waste time or energy on it. The logical thing is to not go to red zones.