Altis Armed Forces!

Ian Walls here,

In my few weeks here, I have noticed a few things: the police are understaffed and ill-equipped to handle the gangs that plague Altis, and all governors have 0 incentive to ban drugs or raise taxes beyond 0.  Everyone, and I mean everyone runs a campaign based on maintaining the status quo.  Nothing changes except for the gang leader who is now in-charge.  How can we spice this up a bit?

Army.

There are tons of military installations on Altis, but there is no literally no function to them.  What I am proposing is a professional Altis military force, something akin to police except more based on fighting gangs and rebels, as well as declaring martial law if need be.  These forces will need to be paid, so this will open a few mechanics up.

1.  Taxes will be need to be levied.  To pay your army off, you need funds.  You could use your own fortune to build up the army, but you will need to raise taxes probably in order to fund your army.  The bigger the force, the more wages need to be paid, resulting in higher costs.

2.  This will actually lead to hard choices.  Run on a campaign of 0 taxes and win?  Great, you now have a force of guys who want money.

3.  Coups!  Yes, Altis does not strike me as a 1st world developed nation by any means.  Lets have some coups go on and military dicatorships and martial law!  This will also lead to:

4.  REBELS!  Yes, rebels will now have a purpose beyond simply robbing the poor souls of Altis.  Say the governor is overthrown by the military, but he was very popular, and the new authority banned weed and raised taxes.  Rebels will flock to charismatic gangs and retake the nation of Altis!

5.  Real wars!  Imagine a war going on, with army forces retaking rebel turf and launching raids.  That would be amazingly fun to experience.

6.  Politics!  Being governor will now mean something. You have to delicately balance everything to maintain your grip on power.

7. Territory!  Say a rebel gang manages to take a town.  I say they should be able to govern it themselves!  Rebels should be able to set tax rates for individual towns and regions that they hold, legalizing whatever they want.  Rebels can now hold land.  Unpopular leaders might find themselves holding only Pyrgos and Kavala.  

8.  Rebel Takeover!  Unleash your inner-blood diamond and take over Pyrgos, slaughtering all forces in your way.  Your ragtag group of misfits is now the army of Altis!

Discuss.  I would beyond a doubt join the army and kick some rebel butt!

Edited by Ian Walls
Flashpoint likes this

The developers nor the captains will ever agree to a Military task force. This is why the devs implemented SWAT for prison breaks/Feds/Bank robberies.

Only thing I wish is the governor being able to do more and people taking the governor position seriously. Really there is no point in having a governor in Asylum cause he does jack shit to help people besides pardoning 100k bounties.

Edited by What zit tooya