FPS Help

ryno7

Hey everyone, so recently I have been experiencing a lot of fps drops during my gameplay on Arma 3. This also happens in games like CS:GO quite often. I will run very high settings on arma and get fairly decent fps (~40) when running smoothly. However, every couple minutes I get fps drops that will drop my fps to 10 or 15. My specs are below.

Lenovoy410p laptop

Intel Core i7 -4700MQ CPU @ 2.40 GHz

8GB RAM

Intel HD Graphics 4600

NVIDIA GeForce GT 755M

All Drivers up to date

Any commands that I can add to launch settings/ any other tips would be appreciated. 

Thanks,

Ryno

5 minutes ago, yoooooooooooo said:

Download  NVIDIA GeForce Experience and optimize your Arma through that, that could work.

Thats the most stupidest thing I've ever heard.

That optimization button is not sumthing you should ever use on Arma due to the fact that different mods and mission files.

To be more precise the geforce optimization option was made for stratis back when the game was in Alpha. 

Download a program that can show the temperature of the cpu and gpu. I recommend downloading "real temp" for the cpu and gpu-z for the gpu thermals. On gpu-z it will tell you if the clock speed goes down whilst it being on load means that the graphic card is thermal troudling. On the cpu if it has high temperatures look at what the core clock is, if it's less then what it's supposed to be then the cpu is thermal troudling. 

Those fps drops may be caused by slow read speed of the drive Arma is installed on. Might be if you've installed Arma on a laptop hard drive. 

Brendon Smith likes this
7 minutes ago, Norwegianviking said:

Thats the most stupidest thing I've ever heard.

That optimization button is not sumthing you should ever use on Arma due to the fact that different mods and mission files.

To be more precise the geforce optimization option was made for stratis back when the game was in Alpha. 

Download a program that can show the temperature of the cpu and gpu. I recommend downloading "real temp" for the cpu and gpu-z for the gpu thermals. On gpu-z it will tell you if the clock speed goes down whilst it being on load means that the graphic card is thermal troudling. On the cpu if it has high temperatures look at what the core clock is, if it's less then what it's supposed to be then the cpu is thermal troudling. 

Those fps drops may be caused by slow read speed of the drive Arma is installed on. Might be if you've installed Arma on a laptop hard drive. 

thank you, do you use/reccomend any launch parameters?

Edited by ryno7