Suggestion *Trading In Crate Items*

"Trading In Crate Skins"

Lets begin under the assumption that we create a "marketplace" on the forums:

• If John has (2x) Justin Bieber T-Shirts, he could in turn cash it in on the forums for:
    • A ) Asylum money; for instance (*as an example*($10,000 per T-Shirt)
    • B ) John instead of wanting to cash it in for the Asylum base money guaranteed, want's $12,000 per shirt, so he would list it, and someone would purchase it for said price.
    • C ) John doesn't want asylum cash? No problem. John wants a Unicorn T-Shirt from Bob. Bob is looking for (2x) Justin Bieber T-Shirts; So John makes the offer ; purchases the Unicorn T-Shirt from Bob; Bob in turn lists one of the J-B T-shirts for Asylums guaranteed cash in of $10,000.  

• John now has (1x) CSAT Ghillie Suit; He want's to trade it for real life money to his best friend:
    • A ) John list's his (1x) CSAT Ghillie for (example) $100,000 on Asylum Market; He then messages his friend to bid on it and buy it; Knowing already his friend has sent the "REAL LIFE" money via (example) PayPal. John gives his friend his $100,000 back and so on.
    • B ) PSA: I would not recommend making $$ VS In-game items trades unless you have known them for a while. I would keep it as a don't talk, don't compensate policy as it is already with selling in-game money vs real life money.

Above you have read some decent suggestions as-well as examples of how this could work. Below I will continue into further detail with the pro's and con's of how this system could potentially work.

Basically; If a player wants to sell his items vs real life money, it would have to be done off forums (aside from listing the item for ownership on the forums) ; Secondly in order to make sure that the person paying $$ vs virtual items would be able to secure his purchase ; I.E: Can not be sniped from out under him.

What I mean by sniped is say I'm selling CSAT Coveralls, I list it for $100,000 , but it's actually being bought for $25 real life money; and he's already paid via paypal. Now some random will see it and be like "OH SHIT COVERALLS, BUY! BUY! BUY!" So to avoid this from happening look below!

So in order to prevent that ; There would have to be a Confirm/Deny offer system when posting on in a sense the "Market Place" on the forums. 

Next ; In order for players to be able to cash in their items for (EXAMPLE) how the housing works for automatically sell to bank and receive less; Basically for each item in a crate you can get; have a turn in price for as stated above for example of the Justin Bieber T-Shirt, $10,000 in-game Asylum Cash; and so on for the higher tier items.

I feel this system could work really well; and I personally have tried to be as detailed and efficient for making this easy to understand the concept along with how it could work.

Please leave positive comments only; If you disagree with any of the above, please list why in detail.

@bamf @Paratus 

Edited by Grizz

I think some people are getting their hopes up too much about being able to sell their dupe unwanted skins..They're pretty unwanted throughout the entire community. Your beiber skins and pony shirts are going to stay listed for days and days and if they sell, it's going to be for $.05 or less... that's my prediction anyway unless there's something I'm missing.   

Why not just have decent + awesome skins all around instead of crap skins + awesome skins? I would buy keys if I knew I was getting something cool regardless if low or high tier.  

Haych likes this
6 hours ago, blinky said:

I think some people are getting their hopes up too much about being able to sell their dupe unwanted skins..They're pretty unwanted throughout the entire community. Your beiber skins and pony shirts are going to stay listed for days and days and if they sell, it's going to be for $.05 or less... that's my prediction anyway unless there's something I'm missing.   

Why not just have decent + awesome skins all around instead of crap skins + awesome skins? I would buy keys if I knew I was getting something cool regardless if low or high tier.  

Some people love one or more of the "lower" tier items, so maybe this round just wasn't for you.  

As for timing - that's more of a Paratus question, but I would think Soon™.

20 hours ago, Brendon Smith said:

Just do like a Trade up thing like CSGO 

Exactly this.

Going to be quite upsetting when you spend so much money and have 20 Bieber shirts only for there to be a marketplace where no one will buy them anyway. Low/Mid Tier dupes are pretty much useless, and will remain useless even when the marketplace is released. 

A Trade up system will be amazing, could work similar to CSGO/ Hearthstone's method of getting rid of low level things you don't need for something better. They'll be no need for a complicated real life money aspect to it. Nice and simple. I don't even see the market place even working at all as the number of rare items is very low and too me it feels like its going to end up like most of the fancy features on Asylum, sounds cool at first but no one will care about it in a weeks time because its half baked. 

And considering this is probably going to be Asylum's main income, it cannot be half baked. It has to be set solid perfect or donations will rip again. Do people even care about Loot Crates now then they did the first day it was released?

Edited by Haych
Brendon Smith likes this
21 hours ago, Haych said:

Exactly this.

Going to be quite upsetting when you spend so much money and have 20 Bieber shirts only for there to be a marketplace where no one will buy them anyway. Low/Mid Tier dupes are pretty much useless, and will remain useless even when the marketplace is released. 

A Trade up system will be amazing, could work similar to CSGO/ Hearthstone's method of getting rid of low level things you don't need for something better. They'll be no need for a complicated real life money aspect to it. Nice and simple. I don't even see the market place even working at all as the number of rare items is very low and too me it feels like its going to end up like most of the fancy features on Asylum, sounds cool at first but no one will care about it in a weeks time because its half baked. 

And considering this is probably going to be Asylum's main income, it cannot be half baked. It has to be set solid perfect or donations will rip again. Do people even care about Loot Crates now then they did the first day it was released?

+1

Also I would avoid buying keys until they fix the crates, I got CSAT coveralls twice and still can't purchase them. Admins aren't helping either so good luck if that happens to you.