Should there be a limit on how many lifes cops get

Should there be a limit on how many lifes cops get  

9 members have voted

1. 1. I think there should be a limit on how many lifes cops get because most times when im fighting cops i notice that there will be that one officer that i keep killing

• There should be a limit on how many lifes cops get
    • Cops get unlimited lifes

You do realize the majority of players do not get those discounts' date=' right? Only one gang at a time and even at that, they could of lost a few loadouts trying to capture the turf or cartel. The average rebel is going to be paying around 16k-20k for a loadout. At that point, I don't think not having as good of a vest justifies the endless zerging you see from cops.

And no, to say rebels can return to the scene like a cop is ridiculous, it's not comparable at all. A rebel has to spawn, go to a rebel outpost, gear up and come back. That takes some serious time and risk, they might just get killed as soon as they enter the rebel outpost. Even for houses it's very dependent on the situation, do you think I could come back to a fight near Athira if my house is close to Kavala? No. I'm not saying rebels have it so hard or anything, it is just the fact that cops returning to the scene is not comparable to anything and does hurt gameplay. It wasn't too bad when cops had to use a sting if they were going to zerg but now the Mk20 has greatly buffed cops ability to zerg and not care for their own lives.

Like I said earlier, cops should be allowed to return to a fight at the bank, fed or prison but for anything else, no. If there's a limited amount of officers online, then whatever but even at that, I think it's stupid to use the few officers that are online to go and fight rebels.[/quote']

I disagree, I think they should be allowed to come back a couple times, but limited at that. Their focus should be on the town. While people are getting shot up in town, and the cops aren't even protecting the town, it's not very realistic. But, if it's dead and the only people who have bounties are just doing coke runs, like let's get to it and let the cops deal with you guys, a good few, maybe 3/4 lives in this circumstance, but if something is going in town, that needs to be sorted, depending on the severity.

Going into a town as cop is really hard. As soon as you turn sirens on you receive a rain of f***** bullets coming from each window and store available. People don't like cops at all, actually I know some people that their main fun is killing cops, and they do as much as they can to look and pursue cops just to kill them.

It shouldn't be implemented a life limit.

Going into a town as cop is really hard. As soon as you turn sirens on you receive a rain of f***** bullets coming from each window and store available. People don't like cops at all' date=' actually I know some people that their main fun is killing cops, and they do as much as they can to look and pursue cops just to kill them.

It shouldn't be implemented a life limit.[/quote']

Town shouldn't be a life limit, but when I'm doing coke and about 5 cops come, I start killing them, get to the 5th, then the other 4 are back, and it's an endless cycle until I'm dead. How is that fair? A couple times, if there are less. But when you don't win with 5, leave it for god sake; it's not meant to be.

However, if they're in town and getting shot, let them have unlimited lives; if rebels are killing them non stop in town, they're asking for the fight anyway, might as well give it to them, but when you're doing drugs you are not asking for it at all, you want to make money. There are enough god damn rdmers and nonsense going on in town that they should deal with, stop focusing on the people just being quiet and making money non stop.

Wish I only had to pay 6.5k for a 7.62 just by tagging two turfs. I have to pay 7k for my 7' date='62 on cop without taxes and 8.4k with taxes. After mags, scope, and laser, I have to pay 11ishk for a cop loadout with a police vest I just die in 1-2 shots in. Then you want me to only be able to come back twice to a situation twice when I pay for my less superior gear with a price almost equivalent to a carrier lite loadout while owning turfs?

Nah. I'll take a pass on that one. If I pay for my loadouts to be effective in combat I can come back as many times as a rebel can pay for their loadout and come back, oh that's right, an unlimited number of times.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Okay, but without those cartels/turfs which only a few gangs can hold a certain time, loadouts are $15k-$20k, and ~$12k for just the 7.62, not to mention that most of the cops on the server can't even BUY the 7.62, making your point valid to only those with access to that weapon. Another thing, most cops that zerg like a motherfucker are the ones with MK20's, getting in hatchsports and just stomping it across that bridge hoping that they can at least get to the island with minimal damage to them or their car, if that cop dies? No biggie, he'll gladly respawn with his MK20 at Pyrgos HQ, pull out another sport and do the exact same thing... Why? Because he has a free loadout that he could give less than two shits about. The reason this is a problem is because every single constable on the server will do this again and again and again and again and it's effective because Arma close quarters is all trade killing, and when cops are doing this a shit ton they will eventually outnumber the absolute fuck out of whatever they're shooting at, and while it is a police strat that works, it's very scummy. I can say GF every time to any other gang when I fight a cartel, because you know, they didn't rush me with a hatchsport and overwhelming numbers, they got the best of me.

Also the comparison of cop respawning to rebel respawning is outrageous. If you honestly think it is THAT easy to come back into a fight as a rebel you don't play civ enough. The bank, fed, and prison are all way to far from any rebel outpost that by the time you drove over there, you'd have to be the one rushing into HQ 1v12 against every cop on the server because you were the lucky one that got lethaled out of the deerstand when you peeked, and great shot to the guy that tapped me, you're doing what I expect when I do a prison break but never get, a good, mid-long range fight where a lick of sense is needed to actually shoot someone, rather than aiming in a general direction of a person and holding left mouse button until we trade, because that is one of the most boring forms of combat (IMO) in this game.

Sorry for the long rant, just had to get some of this stuff off of my chest, nothing against you Dust Runner, but that comparison you made was laughable.

im bad so i die many times and come back till i get lucky xddddd

Cop logic in a nutshell.

Sheriff Rick Grimes likes this

Okay' date=' but without those cartels/turfs which only a few gangs can hold a certain time, loadouts are $15k-$20k, and ~$12k for just the 7.62, not to mention that most of the cops on the server can't even [b']BUY the 7.62, making your point valid to only those with access to that weapon. Another thing, most cops that zerg like a motherfucker are the ones with MK20's, getting in hatchsports and just stomping it across that bridge hoping that they can at least get to the island with minimal damage to them or their car, if that cop dies? No biggie, he'll gladly respawn with his MK20 at Pyrgos HQ, pull out another sport and do the exact same thing... Why? Because he has a free loadout that he could give less than two shits about. The reason this is a problem is because every single constable on the server will do this again and again and again and again and it's effective because Arma close quarters is all trade killing, and when cops are doing this a shit ton they will eventually outnumber the absolute fuck out of whatever they're shooting at, and while it is a police strat that works, it's very scummy. I can say GF every time to any other gang when I fight a cartel, because you know, they didn't rush me with a hatchsport and overwhelming numbers, they got the best of me.

Also the comparison of cop respawning to rebel respawning is outrageous. If you honestly think it is THAT easy to come back into a fight as a rebel you don't play civ enough. The bank, fed, and prison are all way to far from any rebel outpost that by the time you drove over there, you'd have to be the one rushing into HQ 1v12 against every cop on the server because you were the lucky one that got lethaled out of the deerstand when you peeked, and great shot to the guy that tapped me, you're doing what I expect when I do a prison break but never get, a good, mid-long range fight where a lick of sense is needed to actually shoot someone, rather than aiming in a general direction of a person and holding left mouse button until we trade, because that is one of the most boring forms of combat (IMO) in this game.

Sorry for the long rant, just had to get some of this stuff off of my chest, nothing against you Destrah, but that comparison you made was laughable.

Cop logic in a nutshell.

I appreciate this post thx vanilla

Asylum servers are not PvP. Imagine a prison break happens or a bank robbery in real life. The whole police force would be engaged in the incident. Of Course the outlaws would be outnumbered. So that's the point of cops having unlimited lives' date=' to keep the situation as realistic as we can.[/quote']

Honestly, points like these are incredibly invalid. Yes, it's a realism kind of server; but it cannot be completely realistic for a lot of different issues, why don't people die by getting run over by cars? It would be abused. Why can't people loot people when they die? It can be abused. This is just another one of those things that can be abused. You're not meant to get out of situations in real life, but this isn't real life, it's MEANT to be a lot fairer than life.

Asylum servers are not PvP. Imagine a prison break happens or a bank robbery in real life. The whole police force would be engaged in the incident. Of Course the outlaws would be outnumbered. So that's the point of cops having unlimited lives' date=' to keep the situation as realistic as we can.[/quote']

Yes, in western counties that could be the case. In a war torn place like Altis? Lol, no. Asylum isn't realistic at all anyway, better that way too.

Me on cop:

*Looks around for someone to RP with* Oh look theres a guy *Turns sirens on only to see bullets are the only ones willing to RP* *Dies and tries again*

This...

Also' date=' what i find ironic is some of the people in this thread have cl'd on me or done the group chat BS.

So i would say "You want to limit cop lives, Maybe you folks should actually play fair for a change"

INb4 "we do this because APD is OP"

[img']https://giant.gfycat.com/CavernousOptimalHerculesbeetle.gif

shut the fuck up don't you dare say cops never conveniently lag their ass of and at that same time push a rebel up the bank ladder [uSER=133]Freddie[/uSER]. *gets downed 30 seconds later freddie dies???*

IF i ever see someone do it i will report them ASAP. We dont like APD members using group chat AT ALL. Thats what TS is for. also:

OLnycdV.gif

Me on cop:

*Looks around for someone to RP with* Oh look theres a guy *Turns sirens on only to see bullets are the only ones willing to RP* *Dies and tries again*

And what's is more common for civilians to see if a cop is using his sirens...

*Cop turns on his sirens*

*Downs you and takes you away*

So that is why you see such a hostile reaction. The way sirens are used is to initiate RP with everybody in the surrounding area.

Just like at pygros hq? waiting 20 mins to talk to you and then you just robo cop the shit out of me for a 100k bounty?

You turned yourself in with 1 minute left....but before that you were trolling my other officers; therefore, I followed SOP gave you a half ticket because you "turned yourself in" you then refused your ticket so i sent you to jail. It wasn't like you came up to me and said hey i would like to turn myself in, it was more like let me drive around the HQ until a cop notices me, and then try and drive away when they attempt to talk to you.

In all honesty the only server that has a huge cop base is server 3. Most other servers have around 8-10 max. Running in groups of 2-3. It is very easy to kill them, and when you do you should fully expect more cops to respond. Failing to figure out an way to get away or foolishly staying in the area after you kill them is honestly your fault. There is no NLR on this server, rebels abuse is just as much as cops at times.

This...

Also' date=' what i find ironic is some of the people in this thread have cl'd on me or done the group chat BS.

So i would say "You want to limit cop lives, Maybe you folks should actually play fair for a change"

INb4 "we do this because APD is OP"

[img']https://giant.gfycat.com/CavernousOptimalHerculesbeetle.gif

shut the fuck up don't you dare say cops never conveniently lag their ass of and at that same time push a rebel up the bank ladder [uSER=133]Freddie[/uSER]. *gets downed 30 seconds later freddie dies???*

There are cops that cheat just like there a rebels that cheat... Just like I tell the cops that like to cry about "record and report and stop crying in my channel"
Me on cop:

And what's is more common for civilians to see if a cop is using his sirens...

*Cop turns on his sirens*

*Downs you and takes you away*

So that is why you see such a hostile reaction. The way sirens are used is to initiate RP with everybody in the surrounding area.

Most of the time we siren we are getting shot at before we can even get out of the car. While true there are times that are done, its just as likely to get lit by some random who you are not even initiating with. Sirens are a double edged sword my friend.
In all honesty the only server that has a huge cop base is server 3. Most other servers have around 8-10 max. Running in groups of 2-3. It is very easy to kill them' date=' and when you do you should fully expect more cops to respond. Failing to figure out an way to get away or foolishly staying in the area after you kill them is honestly your fault. There is no NLR on this server, rebels abuse is just as much as cops at times. [/quote']

This^^^

NLR will never be a "one-side only" enforcement. you want NLR for cops? then EVERYONE gets NLR. Not gonna happen.

locking thread.

HotWings likes this