Need Advice - Computer upgrade

Keneith

Hello, I am looking to pull some more frames from arma 3, I currently only get 30-40 frames. I believe my video card is the culprit but I am no computer guru, in my opinion my video card is the problem, it's benchmarks are absolutely horrid. So I ask your advice on what to upgrade and reasoning. Thanks.

Current setup

I7-3770

32gigs gskill ripjaw

Asrock extreme 4 mobo

Amd radeon 8760, which I believe is actually a 7770 or 7760 I don't remember

Currently mind set - buy a 1070

Edited by Keneith
25 minutes ago, Dredge said:

You can put 2 1070's in there and your frames will still lack. What you REALLY need is an SSD. When you switch ArmA over to one it is night and day the difference it makes in frame rate and load times. 

I don't know man, that video card is pretty bad.. I think my mobos intergrated might be more powerful lol. What about a 1060 an a ssd?

2 hours ago, Keneith said:

Hello, I am looking to pull some more frames from arma 3, I currently only get 30-40 frames. I believe my video card is the culprit but I am no computer guru, in my opinion my video card is the problem, it's benchmarks are absolutely horrid. So I ask your advice on what to upgrade and reasoning. Thanks.

Current setup

I7-3770

32gigs gskill ripjaw

Asrock extreme 4 mobo

Amd radeon 8760, which I believe is actually a 7770 or 7760 I don't remember

Currently mind set - buy a 1070

The 3770 is getting a tad old as you can see in this 3D rendering Benchmark

cf0cf19438f5dcf2643eb73304b6d6e7.png

The top one is my 6700k at 4.7 GHZ, the bottom 6700k is at 4 GHZ. Remember this are 3D rendering benchmark so you won't get the same % improvement in arma.

If you only play Arma 3 and CS GO i would just recommend to get an SSD and save the rest of your money until you start playing other graphical intensive game.

Keneith likes this
37 minutes ago, Norwegianviking said:

The 3770 is getting a tad old as you can see in this 3D rendering Benchmark

cf0cf19438f5dcf2643eb73304b6d6e7.png

The top one is my 6700k at 4.7 GHZ, the bottom 6700k is at 4 GHZ. Remember this are 3D rendering benchmark so you won't get the same % improvement in arma.

If you only play Arma 3 and CS GO i would just recommend to get an SSD and save the rest of your money until you start playing other graphical intensive game.

So I probably won't see any frame increase from a new video card, but probably a new i7? Ssd will improve fps or just load times?

1 minute ago, Monster said:

I have the 1070 and I only get 40-50 fps in city's everything on ultra, and like 85 -95  outside city's!!

Lucky you, Im getting 30-40 No matter what setting combinations i try or performance guides. I really feel that its my video card, I also get the 1 fps bug ALOT