This community isnt what it used to be.

On 10/17/2016 at 11:25 AM, Pengfei Xiasheng said:

I was a cop for 8 months prior to me leaving.  I found it to be entertaining, but it got to the point all that was happening was prison breaks and people trying to rob the bank so I found myself always responding to those, and for me they weren't very fun.  It also got a bit structured.  It stopped feeling like a game, and more like a job that I didnt get paid for.  A game shouldn't cause you stress, and for me, playing cop at that time, it was very stressful.  I do however plan to re-apply, and see how it goes this time around.

Sounds like you take Arma it self a little to seriously. Brush off the trolls, and the RDM & VDM. Typically I report if it's on going, but if someone does it once maybe accidently or just not knowing the rules then I let it go. If you get stressed out by the game too the point to where you feel a thread talking about how shit the server has become then maybe a break is what you need. Go play a singleplayer until you miss the interaction with other people. You say the server needs to change, but maybe you just need to relax a little. 

Edited by Tacobell
On 10/16/2016 at 5:50 PM, Pengfei Xiasheng said:

The reality is that this community is slowing dying, and something needs to change to create more hype to gather more players.  I see the same douchey players running around with just a pistol and no backpack telling kids to put their hands up and before they can even finish their sentence the person is dead.  So then I have to kill them so they dont kill me, and now I've got cops & bounty hunters coming after me as well.

Its getting boring.

Basically this game used to only have arma 3 players, nowadays, you got GTA, rust, unturned, bf, CS:GO and yes even minecraft players have found out about arma and how you can essentially do all the things in those games in this game, multiplayer, with dynamic action that is always changing. So more non-RP players joined the community cuz lets be honest Asylum is like a kick ass version of GTA Online. What GTA online should have been haha :D 

It really depends on how you play the game. It's frustrating when you fight cartels all day and lose moneycap to gearing and vehicles. But, when i went back to cities with a small loadout and just RPed, did some money making without the pressure of actually NEEDING it for future cartel fights or replacing vehicles in my garage things were fun again. 

Try to put your focus on fun rather than reputation or preformance. I used to help out new players or help a friend with his meth run. They get incredibly happy and grateful and you dont really lose anything. But none does that because theres no wealth or rep gain.. 

Yes shit like RDM happens but just take a chill pill. If it frustrates you take a break, read a book, watch a video. 

smellypig likes this