Rebel VS APD Team Objective Status + Suggestions

5 hours ago, Dust Runner said:

Fuck I didn't even see this. Hot dropping cops with 5.56 on the bank with police vests is a turkey shoot, try again bud. Lighthouse can be shot through, try again bud. Bring up a valid tactic that has at least a minor chance at not falling through the cracks and I'll be satisfied.

You're looking for a specific answer, an answer you want, truth be told, cops are shit without a higher-up to pull vehicles, whether you believe it to be true or false. If you recall back in the "Golden Age" of asylum, there were very little higher-ups and many of them never pulled Hunters, Orcas or Striders. You had to either be; A. Rich as fuck, or B. An admin.

Truth is cops have gotten better, understood how to beat rebels, its just evolution..After getting beat countless times over and over they finally grew a pair and changed their strategy. Now that im done bitching let me make my suggestions.

Prison: If you're a true veteran of Asylum you remember the 6 Rebel Towers all around the entrances to the prison; I think we need to add 4, two to the front, two to the front of the ACTUAL prison, make them accessible from the outside so SWAT that come in boats/scuba divers can easily go up them. It will add variety and make it so cops have a chance to take over valuable positions.

Fed: I think the whole SWAT ladders thing is a joke honestly, they aren't needed but I can see where they help the combat handicapped, I feel like the highest ranking officer online that gets the slot should have the ability to place ONE ladder down, but the ladder can be moved wherever the officer wants, if he puts it on north but sees the rebels rotate over, he can put it down on the south and the north one gets removed, the officer keeps the ladder even after death until the fed is over.

Bank: It gets tiring having a sniper elite battle from 1 ATM to another, Id recommend moving it as Dustrunner said, and adding more variety, I'd say a crane but we know how that went last time, cant tell you what to do there, im handicapped in the creative department so idk. 

ANYWAYS #BringBackSmashNGrabs

Edited by hamsham12

Most of you probably won't remember but I was always a fan of the original Federal Reserve which was where the current prison is located. It was great. I have attached pictures of what it looked like from both sides.  

HOW IT WORKED: It worked very similar to the way the bank and prison breaks are done now. You would go inside the building and in the middle was a vault. Scroll wheel and start the robbery which would start a 10 minute timer. After 10 minutes the person who activated the robbery received the cash on hand. Anywhere from around $100,000 to $3,000,000 (old money system). The amount was based on a few things like how much time has passed since it was last successfully robbed, how many cops where online and how many civilians did not purchase bank insurance (that was a thing. If you had not purchased insurance in game and the bank was robbed you would personally loose about $30,000 from your bank account). Then you had to escape from the island and wait an additional ten minutes before the person who received the money could give it to other people or deposit it in an ATM. 

WHY I LIKED IT:  It was simple. Just one building. But it's that simplicity that made it amazing. Some of you who just want to play "peek and shoot" from a tower or deer stand might not appreciate it's simplicity but ask any cop or veteran gang member from the time (innovative, BIONIC, TBC, Paradox, M3RC, SC, TRS, FSA) and they would agree it was a massive amount of fun and it had a fairly even 50/50 success and failure rate. It really all depended on how organized the cops and robbers were to determine who would win. I can personally remember many times for example when innovative with only 6-7 members robbing the fed would hold off and repel 10-15 cops and make their escape with the money. Also bear in mind, this was a time when there was no revive system. If you were killed, that was it. You had to respawn fresh. Some of you may be wondering, "How were they so successful without deer stands or towers to hide and shoot from?" Simple, you made use of the land around you. Low-lying brick walls, trees, rocks, the topography of the land on the island, people with wet suits and SDARS in the water, shooters staged in different locations on the main island, etc.

The reason I'm saying all this is for one, I'm feeling nostalgic. And two, less is more. Not every firefight, cartel fight, bank robbery, fed robbery, prison break, etc needs to involve attacking or defending a well fortified fixed position that a small group of people could sit in and theoretically fight there forever until they either run out of ammo or get bored and leave (see Fed Reserve when the deer-stands were still in place). Adding more towers or building to some of these locations is not the answer. Some of the absolute best firefights I've been a part of  in my two years here didn't involve ARMA III military installations. But this is just one man's opinion.               

old fed.jpg

old fed 2.jpg