So i got new CPU

Jaylen Sarrett

4 minutes ago, Agent X said:

Dont understand why you would have to step down due to computer issues. I am sure the Captains and Lieutenants would understand if you were to let them know. Why risk losing a dedicated member of the APD to a computer issue.

i'll certainly talk to a captain if it comes to it. But, the APD wouldn't be losing me. I won't leave the APD. 

Just now, Jaylen Sarrett said:

so just clear the cmos?

if you know how to take out the battery without damaging it that's a good idea, first try taking out the main motherboard powersupply and any 24pin or 8pin connectors aswell, then if that doesnt work take out the cmos battery reseat the cpu and then place it back in. If that doesn't work than you may have damaged your motherboard in the CPU replacement process

Jaylen Sarrett likes this
14 minutes ago, Rookie said:

Did you check your power connections?

If a PC doesn't boot, power connections are the culprit, next to it not being seated properly and ZAZA ZAP.

did u read fam

On 1/18/2016 at 9:38 AM, Jaylen Sarrett said:

I'll do this, and everything boots, cpu fan, all that. but nothing comes on the screen, nothing showing my motherboard starting up or anything.

Remove the CMOS battery first and leave it out for 5mins to clear your bios settings as suggested above.

Does your motherboard have an onboard hdmi or vga port? Try connecting directly and see if anything appears on boot.

Also spam f2 and delete on POST and see if you can get something displaying.

Edit: have you replaced the old processor and tested if it's the new CPU and needs RMA?

Edited by [?] Abzie
55 minutes ago, [?] Abzie said:

Remove the CMOS battery first and leave it out for 5mins to clear your bios settings as suggested above.

Does your motherboard have an onboard hdmi or vga port? Try connecting directly and see if anything appears on boot.

Also spam f2 and delete on POST and see if you can get something displaying.

Edit: have you replaced the old processor and tested if it's the new CPU and needs RMA?

i haven't taken out the battery, i just tried to clear cmos through the jumper... im not sure where the battery is... and my new cpu is the exact same as my old one.

Edited by Jaylen Sarrett
4 minutes ago, Jaylen Sarrett said:

i haven't taken out the battery, i just tried to clear cmos... im not sure where the battery is... and my new cpu is the exact same as my old one.

It's like a watch battery located near the southbridge. If you have the cpu slot on the right and the back panel at the top right, the battery is usually located at the bottom left. Refer to this diagram:

bigmb.jpg

Edited by [?] Abzie