FPS Drops

Eyad

I upgraded my PC recently and I've been getting constant FPS drops. 

These are my specs and I haven't touched the OC on my CPU 

PC Specs

CPU - Intel Core i7 7700k

GPU - ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1070 8 GB

Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming M3

Ram - Corsair Vengeance LPX 8 GB DDR4 2400 MHz 

CPU Cooler - Corsair H105 

Power Supply - Corsair 750w Gold Modular 

Storage Drive - Western Digital Black 1TB 

SSD - HyperX Savage 240GB

ArmA is on my SSD still get FPS drops like this.

bump

Noticed it also freezes when I'm on google chrome, whether that be me watching a YouTube video and the video freezes for a few seconds whilst the audio carries on in the background, or when I'm loading a new tab it freezes my PC for a couple of seconds and it goes back to being normal after that. I only have 1 stick of ram (8GB) I don't know if that could be the issue.

Edited by Wolf^
1 hour ago, Wolf^ said:

bump

Noticed it also freezes when I'm on google chrome, whether that be me watching a YouTube video and the video freezes for a few seconds whilst the audio carries on in the background, or when I'm loading a new tab it freezes my PC for a couple of seconds and it goes back to being normal after that. I only have 1 stick of ram (8GB) I don't know if that could be the issue.

Yes, 8gb ram is the issue I used to have the fps drops, ever since 64 bit came out you would use more ram 8gb is not enough, ARMA takes like 5-7 gb of ram depending on your settings and then you have a recorder on which means it will even take more ram, upgrade your ram asap, you are overloading.

Alright so far what I've done is completely reset my PC and got a fresh install of windows. took apart my PC parts today cleaned them and also re-applied thermal paste. I launched up AIDA 64 and started a system stability test and ran it for 5 mins with no thermal throttling but my temps were hitting around 75c under 100% load and OC 4.8GHz @1.3v . I'm still getting the same freezing issue and it seems to be out of game as well. If anyone has any ways to fix this that would be great.

drex likes this