Where are my drone pilots? (Real life, not in game)

Capt Pepper

I want to talk about a hobby with EVERYONE today, that is becoming quite popular and very affordable to get into. Quadcopter drone piloting. I never thought about seeing how many other pilots are on here until last night when I was on Patrol and I mentioned drones. To my surprise, Sweed actual (I think it was him) had confirmed that he too flew. We got to talking about them, then another APD officers joined our patrol and conversation. I just want to see how many pilots we have, and to see what everyone's running or getting! Currently I have 2 1/2 drones, with another right around the corner.

I started droning with a Sky viper 950HD video drone, and was recently gifted one after my buddy obtained a few to many drones for the space he had available. The Sky viper's primary mission for me was a SUPER CHEAP trainer while I learned the basics of drone flight (its harder than it looks..). Much to my surprise the viper is actually quite the durable little thing. I've rammed it into the mechanic shop at our distribution center so many times lol. It still keep working perfectly. 

I recently bought a Syma X5C which was uh.... Short lived at best as the wind grabbed it and threw it atop a 25' tall building. :unsure:

Currently the drone I am looking to purchase though, is the Traxxas Aton. I do however, plan on buying parts kits in the near future as well and trying to build my own speed build.
Hopefully there are some experienced drone builders on here that could give me some pointers on do's and dont's for building your own!

The link below is just a clip I found of a super speed drone that makes me laugh as it zoom's by ridiculously fast. I think some people will get a kick out of it.

Edited by Capt Pepper
7 minutes ago, Relic said:

My wife almost bought me one on Christmas, but I'd rather wait and get one that has more flight and recording time. It looks fun, and my hobby is metal detecting so it's good to get a birds eye view of places to look for old foundations, roads, trenches, ect.

I'll be joining you soon.

Until then i'm a pretty good APD drone pilot.

Let me know if you need any advice on live feed drones. I have a few buddies who do Dronography and have been giving me lessons on the different models.

23 minutes ago, Relic said:

My wife almost bought me one on Christmas, but I'd rather wait and get one that has more flight and recording time. It looks fun, and my hobby is metal detecting so it's good to get a birds eye view of places to look for old foundations, roads, trenches, ect.

Put a GPR on that bad boy

Capt Pepper likes this
1 hour ago, FozzyBear said:

here my ingame drone

c186b197f2457bc128ca312e692d31c4.png

More people need to have access to the Darter, not enough people use it. If there was a training of some sort that would grant it to a few players, sign me up. My weapon handling skills are terrible, so I usually sit back and record the map locations and mark where officers are killed so they can be revived. I also mark enemies when given enough information. If I could use this, I would be doing so every fight. I can't shoot, but I can call out and spot... So if any higher-ups or admins read this, here's my suggestion :)

16 hours ago, Relic said:

Found out the Traxxas / Latrax Alias drone just recently dropped in price. I have done extensive reviews on this model after flying my buddies. This is a really high quality quad and actually has a beginner mode for new flyers. Thought you may be interested in checking this out.

https://latrax.com/products/alias

I could only wish that we're the case. Though I have been drawing up plans for a sparkler bomb igniting and dropping drone for shits and giggles. After just a little research I found out its actually simple. All it takes is a little bit of rewiring of the the unit, and reprogramming the controller. 

Once I am done,  I can bombs terrorists (any random target I make lol) from the comfort of my truck.

10 hours ago, Capt Pepper said:

I could only wish that we're the case. Though I have been drawing up plans for a sparkler bomb igniting and dropping drone for shits and giggles. After just a little research I found out its actually simple. All it takes is a little bit of rewiring of the the unit, and reprogramming the controller. 

Once I am done,  I can bombs terrorists (any random target I make lol) from the comfort of my truck.

I bet the ATF would be on your ass so fast

11 hours ago, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

I bet the ATF would be on your ass so fast

Lol, it'd be worth it. Besides sparkler bombs aren't really illegal. At least not that I know of. Like I said, I really just want to do it for shits and giggles. I am sure I could make a pretty cool youtube series out of it. That is, if it hasn't been done already.