Make Cartels 'Pop' like Turfs do.

I've been wondering if something like this would work for a while. No, I haven't thought it all the way through, so post if you like the idea or if you think its a bad idea and why.

Make the cartels only available for capture once per server restart, just like how the Turfs are set up. Except maybe make them always a Red zone, so that when gangs try to camp there waiting for the pop, people can still fight.

This could do a couple things I've thought of.

If you get the capture, you'll actually have time to put the perks to use. It sucks cap'n arms only to get to black market and another gang start contesting.

It could make it more likely that several gangs will be preparing and waiting for a cartel to 'pop' and once it does it will be all out war.

It could bring more fights to Turfs, since you cant just go to a cartel and fight at any given moment. I'm sure not being able to fight at any given moment will be a negative to players, buut Turfs pop every ~45mins, if you make a Cartel pop in between each turf there will almost always be somewhere available to fight. And you've always got the Vs Cops locations. 

It could make it more likely that a gang will keep the cartel through the restart, and then the reinforcements being put in place. I know the cartel gangs don't like the reinforcements, but they could now use them to their advantage by going to the cartel before it pops and be the ones defending and using reinforcements to their advantage. Difficult to do with the random pops, but not impossible. And if they aren't prepared, the gang who doesn't control the turf will get to use the reinforcements that are more likely to be there to their advantage.

I imagine this will get a lot of -1s from the guys who fight cartels the most, are used to it and like the way it is now. But I've only been playing for a little more than six months and I'm not partial to how they work currently. So try to be open to change, it can't be that much fun winning all the time.(I wouldn't know)lol

I think this will bring more players, variety, excitement, and reward to cartels. What do you think?

Edited by CaliDazze

you do know that cartels already are red zones at all times right?

People enjoy fighting cartels alot more than other places, so reducing the amounts of fights isn't the answer, especially if people will cap the cartels when no one is around. They'd get easy caps like that for entire restarts.

Edited by Atmosphere

I think its too restrictive, people like to fight when they want to not when they have to. Also sometimes a gang will server hop to fight, they will then have to wait potentially hours for the cap? Sometimes you can fight the same gang hours on end and it is fun but with that system its one fight and then its over back to waiting?

Turfs are good right now, why? because they give bonus incentives which are actually better than the cartels themselves. All that is needed is to give a boost to what you actually are benefiting from when you hold a cartel because at the moment it is not worth fighting over. 

Also whenever gangs don't have cartels to fight there focus will always drift towards cop vs civ content, so less cartel fights more banks. 

Edited by Inquisitor
1 minute ago, CaliDazze said:

C'mon. At least tell me why you don't like the idea.

People want to fight cartels when ever they want to so they can always be able to fight other gangs, I know MOB might not be a gang that fight cartels but cartels only being popped up once a restart would be most stupid idea for cartels and for rebels.

This was somewhat discussed in another topic but people already complain about no one fighting. If they were to only become available for cap every few times a restart, more people would fight because that would be the only time you can capture it, making it more useful, atleast to gangs that actually benifit from the perks of cartels like making guns or running drugs.

CaliDazze likes this
1 minute ago, aviondark said:

People want to fight cartels when ever they want to so they can always be able to fight other gangs.

I guess you guys have a point. I thought with having a Cartel/Turf pop every 20-25 mins would create enough opportunity to fight, but their will be certain Turfs/Cartels(Zaros/Oil) that no one is going to go to fight and could result in long periods in-between fights. hmm.

1 hour ago, Atmosphere said:

People enjoy fighting cartels alot more than other places, so reducing the amounts of fights isn't the answer, especially if people will cap the cartels when no one is around. They'd get easy caps like that for entire restarts.

There would be less successful solo caps since players would be waiting for the pop and show in hoards.

Just now, Sean That Irish Guy said:

Cause its retarded. 

Well explain why you feel that way. I understand that this topic will definitely rustle some jimmies but explain, improve on the idea. Here recently iv been seeing alot of people talk about how cartels are becoming boring, or not enough perks to even own a cartel, the purpose of this idea is to make cartels more interesting and give people more of a reason to have cartels. I personally like fighting, but I also like using the cartel perks.

CaliDazze likes this
32 minutes ago, Parker said:

Well explain why you feel that way. I understand that this topic will definitely rustle some jimmies but explain, improve on the idea. Here recently iv been seeing alot of people talk about how cartels are becoming boring, or not enough perks to even own a cartel, the purpose of this idea is to make cartels more interesting and give people more of a reason to have cartels. I personally like fighting, but I also like using the cartel perks.

No.

TripleSeven likes this
5 hours ago, dev said:
  • cartels have become shit becuase of no insurance
  • there needs to be new location like the ones that have been mentioned a million times
  • fix lag
  • make it worth while to hold them

fuck all these suggested locations, let's use a house in the middle of two huge ass hills, that will be awesome!

On topic... sorry, but it sounds like such a bad idea it made me cringe, -1. Cartels should never work like turfs as a cartel and a turf are two very different things. The nonstop fights at cartels are what make them so iconic and well... cartelly. Turfs are much more worth while to hold right now than cartels and changing a cartel into a different kind of turf is not the way to put them back on top.

Like dev said, the only way to fix cartels is for there to be more incentive to hold them, and Paratus did pretty much the opposite with the fortifications thing. There really needs to be something that puts it up there, like a good change in location or a different reason to hold them, because I remember back when you got real physical MONEY for Arms/Drug that went directly into your bank, it was way more common to see long, drawn out fights not for solely fighting another gang to prove your better (although kind of), but for gang bank $$$, the fun just came along with it. Holding a server back in those days meant your gang was making bank. Which is another reason paychecks have disappeared.

Edited by Vanilla Coke
Big Bird and CaliDazze like this