Switching from amd to intel cpu

So i know i need a new motherboard and was debating if i should get 1150 or 1151 chipset to get either i5 4690k or 6600k processor also keep in mind this will only run arma 3 asylum and i want better frames than amds shitty frame drops when in gun fights or driving into towns...gpu is a gtx 750ti (might upgrade to a 970 later)....my psu is a corsair 750w

In other words, which motherboard and corresponding cpu would you get...what would run better...

1 hour ago, Destroyer said:

So i know i need a new motherboard and was debating if i should get 1150 or 1151 chipset to get either i5 4690k or 6600k processor also keep in mind this will only run arma 3 asylum and i want better frames than amds shitty frame drops when in gun fights or driving into towns...gpu is a gtx 750ti (might upgrade to a 970 later)....my psu is a corsair 750w

In other words, which motherboard and corresponding cpu would you get...what would run better...

I have an i5 4670k with a gtx 760 4gb super overclocked (Allows you to put settings on ultra without lagging because it puts the stress on GPU instead of CPU and if the video card is good it can handle it easily) - i have most things on ultra, CPU with stock over clocked at 3.6 ghz (original is 3.4 stock) , with an ssd (makes the frames steady, you dont go from 70 -7 while driving and all that bull shit.) and i get around 40-70 frames. Even a small boost in ghz will boost your FPS a lot. I know this is going to sound stupid but Auto Detect is really the best settings for your computer , then you can take things like PiP and clouds and water off

TLDR: Anything intel will be a hell of a lot better, especially with arma even .10 ghz boost is actually a nice chunk to frames

Edited by Sugarfoot
King Destroyer likes this
43 minutes ago, Sugarfoot said:

I have an i5 4670k with a gtx 760 4gb super overclocked (Allows you to put settings on ultra without lagging because it puts the stress on GPU instead of CPU and if the video card is good it can handle it easily) - i have most things on ultra, CPU with stock over clocked at 3.6 ghz (original is 3.4 stock) , with an ssd (makes the frames steady, you dont go from 70 -7 while driving and all that bull shit.) and i get around 40-70 frames. Even a small boost in ghz will boost your FPS a lot. I know this is going to sound stupid but Auto Detect is really the best settings for your computer , then you can take things like PiP and clouds and water off

TLDR: Anything intel will be a hell of a lot better, especially with arma even .10 ghz boost is actually a nice chunk to frames

I might go for this instead...not sure if i7 4790k would be better than the i5 4690k would it reallly.make a big difference? Im just not familiar with ocing and wouldnt wanna mess anything up.

Screenshot_2016-02-14-19-41-11.png

Screenshot_2016-02-14-19-41-27.png

11 minutes ago, Destroyer said:

I might go for this instead...not sure if i7 4790k would be better than the i5 4690k would it reallly.make a big difference? Im just not familiar with ocing and wouldnt wanna mess anything up.

Screenshot_2016-02-14-19-41-11.png

Screenshot_2016-02-14-19-41-27.png

Not really , games dont even utilize 4 cores not to mention 8. Way in the future one day maybe but at that point we will prob have stock CPU's with 4.0 ghz anyways. You should be fine with the one you first had especially if its cheaper. Just get a decent cooler instead of the stock and throw some OC in that bitch if you want

1 hour ago, Sugarfoot said:

Not really , games dont even utilize 4 cores not to mention 8. Way in the future one day maybe but at that point we will prob have stock CPU's with 4.0 ghz anyways. You should be fine with the one you first had especially if its cheaper. Just get a decent cooler instead of the stock and throw some OC in that bitch if you want

Yeah i just need to see a guide on how to overclock, will my 750ti get good frames? At times when the server has 40 or 60 people i can get 30+ but id like stable 40 fps on peak times

1 hour ago, Destroyer said:

Yeah i just need to see a guide on how to overclock, will my 750ti get good frames? At times when the server has 40 or 60 people i can get 30+ but id like stable 40 fps on peak times

I havn't researched the 750 ti so I can't say for sure, but you rarely use over 2 gb of video ram so as long as its within that range with decent cuda cores (1k+) you should be fine.

You over clock the CPU in the bios , you may need to slightly tweak the Vcore voltage as well, plenty of simple simple guides on how to do it. When you get a new MoBo generically there is a bios type menu that you press something like Del (Delete) and you can get to the menu. Its a lot easier now a days

1 hour ago, Sugarfoot said:

I havn't researched the 750 ti so I can't say for sure, but you rarely use over 2 gb of video ram so as long as its within that range with decent cuda cores (1k+) you should be fine.

You over clock the CPU in the bios , you may need to slightly tweak the Vcore voltage as well, plenty of simple simple guides on how to do it. When you get a new MoBo generically there is a bios type menu that you press something like Del (Delete) and you can get to the menu. Its a lot easier now a days

Alright thanks ill see when my paycheck comes in :D some people want to get rich i just want higher frames in asylum

39 minutes ago, Destroyer said:

Alright thanks ill see when my paycheck comes in :D some people want to get rich i just want higher frames in asylum

750 ti sc gets me 40 stable no problem, I play on high settings with i5 2400, but my monitor is only 1280x1024 so that probably plays a big part. And my view distance is only 1000

Edited by CyanogenCX
5 minutes ago, Henry Facesmasher said:

AMD is specifically optimized for Arma 3

Biggest mistake of your LIFE

:kappa:

Lol i know right ill probly regret it