Question about Vests - S6

Do any of the vests even provide armor? It seems like the vest doesnt provide extra protection. If this is not true then I think the guns are just strong enough to penetrate the vest regardless with one shot. Was just curious what the best vest is to get / which ones are glitched. My thoughts was the carrier lite but It doesnt seem to provide any protection. 

19 minutes ago, Jaylen Sarrett said:

what vest?

get a carrier light, the 9mm will only literally do 1-5 dmg with a shot to the body

It was the tan one at rebel for like 3.6k  , and most pistols arnt 9mm in the game

Just now, Inquisitor said:

Modded vest are useless, buy standard Arma vests

Ive been one tapped by like 5 different pistols in the chest while wearing a carrier lite so I was just wondering if all vests are glitched or if the guns are just strong or something

Just now, Serpico said:

Pretty sure that a bunch (if not all) of the tryk vest no longer have armor values. The tryk mod also hasn't been updated for 7-8 months, so I would not be surprised if they are broken.

I think the carrier lite may be broken too, or its just not strong enough. Trying to decide if its worth buying a vest in its current state. Min max money kind of thing

2 minutes ago, Sugarfoot said:

It was the tan one at rebel for like 3.6k  , and most pistols arnt 9mm in the game

Ive been one tapped by like 5 different pistols in the chest while wearing a carrier lite so I was just wondering if all vests are glitched or if the guns are just strong or something

Not sure about that, only had experience with modded Armour vs modded guns. You might be right. 

11 minutes ago, d'demise said:

the modded guns are broken in terms of original arma equipment, and i prefer playing a somewhat sim, so server 1-4 ftw

the bullet velocity & flightpath are way broken on the ak for example. OP gun much

How so? Specifically. I know you mentioned the velocity and trajectory but in what way are they broken/op?

12 hours ago, d'demise said:

the modded guns are broken in terms of original arma equipment, and i prefer playing a somewhat sim, so server 1-4 ftw

the bullet velocity & flightpath are way broken on the ak for example. OP gun much

What are you comparing them too? The AK's have a lower penetration than even the Katiba. The AK also had several more ricochet which leads me to believe it's velocity is even lower than the Katiba.