Carry or drag

/|/|0T4RD

8 hours ago, /|/|0T4RD said:

Add a function to be able to carry or drag other players when dead, including put into vehicle.

This is actually a dope idea, not something that’s needed to a high degree but it would be a nice feature to have. 

Not also that but theirs ways that this could lead to bigger and better things. For example you can roll up on an ifrit grab your partner and throw him inside the vehicle or imagine in order to steal someone’s organs and other valuable body parts like the brain/intestines/heart Etc you have to put the dead body in the vehicle and take it to a local morgue in any city. 

Edited by TheAceSavage
/|/|0T4RD likes this

I would absolutely love to do this.

Unfortunately, the rag doll is only active for a short period of time after death. Then it becomes a simple object that cannot be interacted with and has no physics. To facilitate being able to drag/carry dead body's we would have to completely re-write/change how we handle death + downing. You would never really "Kill" someone if we were to implement drag/carry they would just go into a downed state (Much like how 77th Jsoc handles death/carry/drag) unfortunately for a life server I've yet to see a clean way of doing it as we would still need a way to "Taze" a player. Starts to get a bit hard to figure out who is downed/killed even if you use different stances/animations. as it just looks like a bunch of bodys rolling on the floor. 

So much would have to take place to make it happen + so many mechanics changed its just not worth the time investment to carry a body a few feet. 

Unless @ObiWoki@Mitch disagree or use their much bigger brains to think of something different(or somehow get a ton of free time) this is extremely unlikely to happen

.Casper, /|/|0T4RD, Savage. and 2 others like this
On 8/18/2022 at 11:58 PM, Patato said:

I would absolutely love to do this.

Unfortunately, the rag doll is only active for a short period of time after death. Then it becomes a simple object that cannot be interacted with and has no physics. To facilitate being able to drag/carry dead body's we would have to completely re-write/change how we handle death + downing. You would never really "Kill" someone if we were to implement drag/carry they would just go into a downed state (Much like how 77th Jsoc handles death/carry/drag) unfortunately for a life server I've yet to see a clean way of doing it as we would still need a way to "Taze" a player. Starts to get a bit hard to figure out who is downed/killed even if you use different stances/animations. as it just looks like a bunch of bodys rolling on the floor. 

So much would have to take place to make it happen + so many mechanics changed its just not worth the time investment to carry a body a few feet. 

Unless @ObiWoki@Mitch disagree or use their much bigger brains to think of something different(or somehow get a ton of free time) this is extremely unlikely to happen

thanks for the explanation