Dr.Strangelove's political Manifesto for Governor

My Fellow Alteans

First of all let me announce my intentions of running for the distinguished office of Governor of Altis.

After finishing the latest season of house of cards i have taken it upon myself to run for political office and attempt to put right the wrongs of our corrupt bureaucratic regime. For too long the governorship been a superficial post held by corrupt politicians eager to abuse the powers of governor to give their associates pardons and line their own pockets.

This last week alone i have witnessed candidates canvasing for votes on a platform where their political beliefs and policies change to suit who they are talking to, flip flopping their "policies" to gain votes. I have even seen candidates openly paying for votes in Kavala. Obviously politicians have abused the ill informed in politics for centuries now but i am here to not only announce my Candidacy, but to usher in a new form of politics in Altis. A kind of politics that is transparent where policies can be scrutinized and debated.

The first stage of this new kind of politics is to layout my political position here in black and white on the forums. 

I will create an ongoing discourse for politics on the forums.

I will encourage people to read my manifesto before voting for me. 

My policies will reflect what the people want, 

I will propose a moderate policy and explain clearly why i have made these decisions.

TAX 

So first let me address the Tax. The populist approach towards tax is always 0% tax from all of my competitors. 

Many people think that tax is just a kickback for the Governor, to pay for their services, but the tax actually has a direct relation to the amount of Dirty money in the Bank of altis and gold bars in the Federal Reserve. I hear time and again from rebels that there is no incentive to rob the Fed and the payout is shit and that the Bank of Altis is allot easier to hold from the police. If the Taxes were higher that would mean higher payouts at the fed and creating an incentive for Gangs to invest their materials and equipment to a heist. 

Instead of the fed paying out 170k to be shared between 10 people, imagine the payout when dividing 400k or 500k. I dare say that with that kind of potential payout The fed could become a viable element to the endgame activities on the servers again.

Another benefit of having a higher tax rate in a competitive free market is that it helps promote subsistence within the population. When guns are cheap and a days hard work seems pointless when a life of crime seems more financially attractive. By raising the tax the Hobos of the island will have less money to buy rooks, ensuring a safer Kavala. It will also promote citizens to engage with more production activities like making vehicles and guns, running oil and just generally engaging in commerce apposed to just buying it. The higher tax rate will also mean a better price for the products which we make and sell to the market, which will in turn, reduce the demand for products and making them cheaper to buy in the long run which is better for the both manufacturers and consumers alike.

Therefore i propose a moderate tax rate of 10% to start. This figure is open to debate so please feel free to let me know your views and i will augment my policies to fit the needs of the people. 

The War On Drugs 

The war on drugs is a divided issue with many. Some see the pursuit of weed production as harmless. I will Decriminalize weed. My opinion is that the patrolling of the weed fields is a waste of police time and resources which could be better tasked for the protection and defense of our major cities. Towns like Athira, Sophia and even Altis Capital are infested with a criminal element that bangs pistols and rdm's without initiation. To combat this problem i will reinstate the occupation of government and police buildings in these town. I will give powers to the police to deputizes bounty hunters to help clean up these cities.and maintain a presence of authority.

Bounty Hunters 

For many people Bounty hunters are a Nuisance, but when i started on this server i found it a good introduction to the martial matters of the server. If conducted in the correct manner, bounty hunting can be a helpful and noble profession, especially when the police are often so undermanned and i realize that going full cop isn't an option for allot of people.

The biggest problem with bounty hunters in my opinion is that they tend to just congregate in Kavala square downing people and snatching them up without initiating properly like it used to be. I will increase the scrutiny upon bounty hunters to make sure that the police are enforcing the restrictions of their licences and make sure any abuse of these rules will result in removal of their licence and possibly prison time if they refuse to pay the penalties for misuse of their weapons. I will also encourage people to report those bounty hunters who do not clearly identify themselves to their potential targets and give them the opportunity to come peacefully.

I myself was shot with a downing weapon by a bounty hunter recently when i was unarmed, without a bounty and had my hands on my head. This is an example of how the rules around initiation are being abused. I will attempt to put a stop to these kinds of activities as they are unacceptable. If a target complies with your demands it is considered rdm if you then shoot them, just  talking to someone does not give you the green light to then shoot them.

I will task bounty hunters contracts during times of duress to help bolster the police force and put them to some good use and get them out of Kavala square. 

Martial Law

During times of duress i want to Governor to be able to issue a state of Martial law where for 15 minutes  towns and major cities can be considered red zones. Only when the Governor and the highest ranking police officer online at the time unanimously agree that martial law is the only alternative. During martial law, anyone not inside a house or building and openly brandishing a weapon can be shot on sight. These seem like harsh conditions but recently i have seen Kavala and Pygeros turn in to warzones by RDM'ers

and those who would see our beautiful State burn.

Prison Sentences

i would like to see a change in the way that prison sentences are exercised. Under the current format once you commit enough crimes and you reach your max sentence of 45 mins. I would like to see some changes to the way that some more serious criminals are sentenced. 

I propose to not change the duration of the sentences but to implement a policy of hard labor for the convicts. For example, while being supervised by a police officer and his deputies (Bounty hunters) convicts could be driven in a hemtt Transport to one of the medium yeild mines where they could mine materials for those officers that are supervising them. This would create an incentive for the officers to supervise them and create some interesting opportunities for rescue attempts instead of the usual jailbreak engagement, to create some variety of experience.

Thank you for taking the time to read my manifesto

Sincerely

Dr.Strangelove

p.s. Please feel free to comment and let me know your opinions and suggestions 

Edited by Dr.Strangelove

well, i know who im voting against :D think i might spend a good hour getting kids to vote against you lolol ... you might think bounty hunters are a nuisance but tbh rebels comming  into kavala and shit with their 7.62, killing civs? thats the problem. because theyre bored of doing camping days at rebel or just cant find another gang to fight so they come and shoot the fuck out of everyone even when un-armed xD 

i dont see how you have made the connection between my manifesto and the conclusions you have jumped too. Martial law is exactly for situations where rebels, gangs or hobos turn Kavala in to a perpetual war zone. The measures i am suggesting in no way encourage rebels to come to Kavala. I think your comments suggest that you are defensive because you are exactly the kind of Bounty hunter that spends his time hanging out in cities waiting for the bounties to come to you. Wouldn't you appreciate the opportunity to have the support from the police to venture out and take on the big bounties as a deputized agent, or to help clear out the criminal elements from Kavala during martial law while the city is under duress. 

I am the only Politician on the island that is prepared to put my policies on the line in black and white and stand accountable for them in a public forums, can you say the same for any of my rivals?

Other politicians will tell you one thing and do another!

I currently play on server 4 but if i am successful on #4 i shall bring my campaign to the other servers!. To answer your question Kettles, if the police refuse to implement martial law when it is obviously required i shall deputies the appropriate forces to administer martial law from my own security detachment and give all involved immunity in the form of pardons after martial law das ended. I feel the need to repeat that "Martial law" is a last resort when the police are either absent or obviously outnumbered

The people have spoken! I'd like to thank everyone that supported my campaign and voted for me! I will listen to the people and change my policies accordingly. Many people have suggested that my proposition to raise the tax to 20% is too high, so inline with what the people want i am reducing the rate of tax as well as legalizing weed! Also as a thank you, every restart i will pardon one person with a bounty in excess of $100,000 if they approach me in person! 

Kind regards!

Governor Strangelove

Kettles likes this
On March 14, 2016 at 3:23 PM, Dr.Strangelove said:

My Fellow Alteans

First of all let me announce my intentions of running for the distinguished office of Governor of Altis.

After finishing the latest season of house of cards i have taken it upon myself to run for political office and attempt to put right the wrongs of our corrupt bureaucratic regime. For too long the governorship been a superficial post held by corrupt politicians eager to abuse the powers of governor to give their associates pardons and line their own pockets.

This last week alone i have witnessed candidates canvasing for votes on a platform where their political beliefs and policies change to suit who they are talking to, flip flopping their "policies" to gain votes. I have even seen candidates openly paying for votes in Kavala. Obviously politicians have abused the ill informed in politics for centuries now but i am here to not only announce my Candidacy, but to usher in a new form of politics in Altis. A kind of politics that is transparent where policies can be scrutinized and debated.

The first stage of this new kind of politics is to layout my political position here in black and white on the forums. 

I will create an ongoing discourse for politics on the forums.

I will encourage people to read my manifesto before voting for me. 

My policies will reflect what the people want, 

I will propose a moderate policy and explain clearly why i have made these decisions.

TAX 

So first let me address the Tax. The populist approach towards tax is always 0% tax from all of my competitors. 

Many people think that tax is just a kickback for the Governor, to pay for their services, but the tax actually has a direct relation to the amount of Dirty money in the Bank of altis and gold bars in the Federal Reserve. I hear time and again from rebels that there is no incentive to rob the Fed and the payout is shit and that the Bank of Altis is allot easier to hold from the police. If the Taxes were higher that would mean higher payouts at the fed and creating an incentive for Gangs to invest their materials and equipment to a heist. 

Instead of the fed paying out 170k to be shared between 10 people, imagine the payout when dividing 400k or 500k. I dare say that with that kind of potential payout The fed could become a viable element to the endgame activities on the servers again.

Another benefit of having a higher tax rate in a competitive free market is that it helps promote subsistence within the population. When guns are cheap and a days hard work seems pointless when a life of crime seems more financially attractive. By raising the tax the Hobos of the island will have less money to buy rooks, ensuring a safer Kavala. It will also promote citizens to engage with more production activities like making vehicles and guns, running oil and just generally engaging in commerce apposed to just buying it. The higher tax rate will also mean a better price for the products which we make and sell to the market, which will in turn, reduce the demand for products and making them cheaper to buy in the long run which is better for the both manufacturers and consumers alike.

Therefore i propose a moderate tax rate of 30% to start. This figure is open to debate so please feel free to let me know your views and i will augment my policies to fit the needs of the people. 

The War On Drugs 

The war on drugs is a divided issue with many. Some see the pursuit of weed production as harmless. I will Decriminalize weed. My opinion is that the patrolling of the weed fields is a waste of police time and resources which could be better tasked for the protection and defense of our major cities. Towns like Athira, Sophia and even Altis Capital are infested with a criminal element that bangs pistols and rdm's without initiation. To combat this problem i will reinstate the occupation of government and police buildings in these town. I will give powers to the police to deputizes bounty hunters to help clean up these cities.and maintain a presence of authority.

Bounty Hunters 

For many people Bounty hunters are a Nuisance, but when i started on this server i found it a good introduction to the martial matters of the server. If conducted in the correct manner, bounty hunting can be a helpful and noble profession, especially when the police are often so undermanned and i realize that going full cop isn't an option for allot of people.

The biggest problem with bounty hunters in my opinion is that they tend to just congregate in Kavala square downing people and snatching them up without initiating properly like it used to be. I will increase the scrutiny upon bounty hunters to make sure that the police are enforcing the restrictions of their licences and make sure any abuse of these rules will result in removal of their licence and possibly prison time if they refuse to pay the penalties for misuse of their weapons. I will also encourage people to report those bounty hunters who do not clearly identify themselves to their potential targets and give them the opportunity to come peacefully.

I myself was shot with a downing weapon by a bounty hunter recently when i was unarmed, without a bounty and had my hands on my head. This is an example of how the rules around initiation are being abused. I will attempt to put a stop to these kinds of activities as they are unacceptable. If a target complies with your demands it is considered rdm if you then shoot them, just  talking to someone does not give you the green light to then shoot them.

I will task bounty hunters contracts during times of duress to help bolster the police force and put them to some good use and get them out of Kavala square. 

Martial Law

During times of duress i want to Governor to be able to issue a state of Martial law where for 15 minutes  towns and major cities can be considered red zones. Only when the Governor and the highest ranking police officer online at the time unanimously agree that martial law is the only alternative. During martial law, anyone not inside a house or building and openly brandishing a weapon can be shot on sight. These seem like harsh conditions but recently i have seen Kavala and Pygeros turn in to warzones by RDM'ers

and those who would see our beautiful State burn.

Prison Sentences

i would like to see a change in the way that prison sentences are exercised. Under the current format once you commit enough crimes and you reach your max sentence of 45 mins. I would like to see some changes to the way that some more serious criminals are sentenced. 

I propose to not change the duration of the sentences but to implement a policy of hard labor for the convicts. For example, while being supervised by a police officer and his deputies (Bounty hunters) convicts could be driven in a hemtt Transport to one of the medium yeild mines where they could mine materials for those officers that are supervising them. This would create an incentive for the officers to supervise them and create some interesting opportunities for rescue attempts instead of the usual jailbreak engagement, to create some variety of experience.

Thank you for taking the time to read my manifesto

Sincerely

Dr.Strangelove

p.s. Please feel free to comment and let me know your opinions and suggestions 

You put a lot of time into this so for sure voting for you. +1

Citizens of Altis, 

I have decided, after a successful campaign and term as Governor I have decided to run again for the distinguished office of Governor. 

Durin my time in office I came to many revelations. I have made a number of changes on my policies that will reflect what people really want but also, what is right for the island as a whole. 

1# Taxes will be lowered for everything except purchases. My reasoning for this is a s follows. Property tax, gang and fuel tax is to be reduced to 0%. This is to encourage people who are donors that buy property, manage gangs and own and fly helecopters. The purchases tax will be maintained at 20%. This is to increase the sale pric of crafted items like wepons, vehicles and processed drugs. This will give you MORE MONEY!. it will also make guns more expensive to keep the pistol banging noobs that dont initiate unarmed and force them to go out and make a living instead of petty crime.

2# Bring back the Night! I will campaign to bring back the night to Asylum. I will make a multi pronged campaign in server 4, the forums and in ts to bring back the night. I will first pertition to have the night brought back on sever 4 first and if successful I will push to have the night re implemented across all asylum servers. 

3# I will keep weed legal to promote the use of drugs running for lower tier players which will increase the money at the drug cartel to encourage players to fight for it that normally wouldn't attempt it. This can help introduce players to the higher end of the game and make cartels viable for smaller gangs to take and hold them.

4# Give a man a fish work program. I will take it upon myself to organise an array of work opportunities for the hobos and new players, like bank jobs, weapon production, meth runs, oil refinery and rubber production. I have had a number of successes so far and would like to implement an island wide scheme of this program if I am re-elected,

#4 Martial law. I will keep the martial law policy. Since my term as governor I have seem my competitors adopting this policy in to their own campaigns as testimony to its success and popularity that was first suggested my me.

i appreciate you rake the time to read my policies and if you have any suggestions I will be more than happy to discuss them here on this thread.

Breakdown of policy's

Tax benefits to the industrious 

Bring back the night 

hobo work program

martial law

legal weed

Kind regards

Dr.Strangelove

Le Razoir likes this
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...