Map Designer Role

Junke

I think implementing a Map Designer position into the community could help with alleviating some pressure off of the devs. For example, maybe a fresh revamp on the jewelry and mental or refacing/implementing new structures to the map. The map designers would have to focus on balancing, aesthetic, and server performance if implemented. Map Designers would work alongside devs/event coordinators and the devs + SAs would have final say on what was implemented.

(Would be nice to maybe update dom maps a bit as well)

Apps would be open for a month, devs+SAs would ultimately decide who would fill the position based on applicants. 

Henry Facesmasher likes this
1 hour ago, Junke said:

I think implementing a Map Designer position into the community could help with alleviating some pressure off of the devs. For example, maybe a fresh revamp on the jewelry and mental or refacing/implementing new structures to the map. The map designers would have to focus on balancing, aesthetic, and server performance if implemented. Map Designers would work alongside devs/event coordinators and the devs + SAs would have final say on what was implemented.

(Would be nice to maybe update dom maps a bit as well)

Apps would be open for a month, devs+SAs would ultimately decide who would fill the position based on applicants. 

As has been said before.

Don't need the role.
Anyone can make something and drop it in suggestions. If someone gets a couple accepted idea's i reach out and begin to work with them more frequently on upcoming/things that need to be updated.

Making our map isn't just merging a map file in. Theirs a process to it, and its easier if the person making the map works with us instead of just tossing us a map and wondering why it's not compatible.

We have multiple people trialing different things now. In the future if they get to a point where we need a title for them we will make it.  

Kernikov and Junke like this