Can A Cop Camp A Red Zone?

I was playing on the Aussie life server earlier today and i was about to do a drug run when a cop that was already camping the area and two more cops show up and bust me before doing anything. Without any reason to charge me they let me go and I waited less than three minutes for them to move their cars only to find that they had parked them a couple 100 meters away to get out and camp the same area for me to return. Are they allowed to camp the area for longer than twenty minutes, detain you, and then come back in less than 3 minutes? They said I had nothing to report but wanted to ask the community.

When they were arresting me they were halfway to prison and their truck crashed and he killed himself. So while I waited for him to get back since the door was locked I tried to save the last 20 minutes through shadowplay before my computer crashed. Will I get in trouble for disconnecting? Also how do I make an IA report.

24 minutes ago, TwinCities said:

If they are Undercover they can stay as long as they want if not. They/we are not allowed to stay more than 2 minutes if there is not a situation there.

No they can't stay as long as they want to, they're supposed to "pretend that they're gathering drugs", you don't gather drugs for 30+ minutes.

1 hour ago, TwinCities said:

If they are Undercover they can stay as long as they want if not. for a longer period of time than a normal officer.
 They/we are not allowed to stay more than 2 minutes if there is not a situation there.

1 hour ago, Beef said:

Make a IA report.

Both of those are true, first one partially true.
Internal affairs can be submitted if you think a cop broke any rule, if he did an action will be taken against him and if not you will be notified in the thread.
You may submit the IA reports over at the following link:
http://www.gaming-asylum.com/forums/index.php?/forum/48-internal-affairs/

I'd rather not direct my answer toward the illegal area question due to the fact it has been a guide line for a long time but now it is actually taken seriously due to cops abusing the hell out of it.  

Beef... likes this

Ok, We caught you entering the cocaine field, talked to you for a minute about off roading, then you decided to try and tell us that we were not allowed to do this or that, we searched you for being more than 10 meters off the road with the only excuse being "its not a felony" and told you to leave the area.  Instead of leaving you tried to hide behind a hill and go back when you thought we left.  Instead of leaving we went behind our own hill and watched you drive back into the coke field.  When you went back in the Const asked for permission to pursue you in and I granted it and the other officer and myself responded to our partner to ensure the area was clear.  Please make sure to tell the entire story before trying to call people out in the future.

11 hours ago, Angelito said:

When they were arresting me they were halfway to prison and their truck crashed and he killed himself. So while I waited for him to get back since the door was locked I tried to save the last 20 minutes through shadowplay before my computer crashed. Will I get in trouble for disconnecting? Also how do I make an IA report.

Combat logging is always against the rules, he returned to get you and you had already disconnected.