More Serious RP Rules?

Hi all,

I'm enjoying my time at Asylum but me and my mates have came from a more serious RP server, Altis Life UK, don't get me wrong - there's nothing wrong with the way this server is run but there have been some serious violations of RP. Using overhead tags to identify me (Metagaming) and violation of New Life Rules and the ridiculous amounts of RDM in gang controlled territory when you simply drive through. Personally, it's annoying me how this server is so developed and the majority of the community have been extremely nice but a few are ruining it. I'd like to suggest some more enforcement of roleplaying rules and implanting the New Life Rule?

Thanks,

THR4SH3R

Feldmen and Brendon Smith like this

There is a reason Asylum is more popular then its Roleplay counter parts (ALUK and GTA). People play here because you have much more freedom, you can have much more fun without being restricted by strict roleplay rules.

I've been a part of both communities of AltisLifeUK and GrandTheftArma and they both have very similar rules. It's fun if you're the type of person who enjoys roleplaying and I always +1 ALUK when people want a serious roleplay community. The only issue with both of these server is that if you pick combat over roleplay or show any toxic behaviour at all, you will get blanket banned.

Asylum is not a serious roleplay server, it fills in the spot of being a heavy combat oriented Altis Life server. If you wan't to get better at the game and fight amongst the best Arma players, Asylum is the place for you. If you want to be a part of a nice community and enjoy roleplaying, ALUK is for you. I suggest staying away from GTA as they have a very young Admin team who tend to be immature at most times, however their development is light years ahead of ALUK's. 

AltisLifeUK is a nice server, but unfortunately they are let down by there lack of development as they have a 14yr old developer who doesn't really know what he's doing, however the staff team is very nice and friendly. 

So to sum it up.
Asylum: Combat oriented, amazing features, terrible UI, a lot of bugs, amazing developer. Freedom. No NLR
ALUK: Amazing community, amazing roleplay, terrible development, terrible UI, way to many bugs, terrible features. Strict rules. 15m NLR
GTA: Immature Admins, good UI, best balancing, decent features, good developer, has the least bugs, semi strict rules. Strict NLR
Olympus: Terrible at everything. 15m NLR.

Edited by Haych
1 hour ago, Haych said:

There is a reason Asylum is more popular then its Roleplay counter parts (ALUK and GTA). People play here because you have much more freedom, you can have much more fun without being restricted by strict roleplay rules.

I've been a part of both communities of AltisLifeUK and GrandTheftArma and they both have very similar rules. It's fun if you're the type of person who enjoys roleplaying and I always +1 ALUK when people want a serious roleplay community. The only issue with both of these server is that if you pick combat over roleplay or show any toxic behaviour at all, you will get blanket banned.

Asylum is not a serious roleplay server, it fills in the spot of being a heavy combat oriented Altis Life server. If you wan't to get better at the game and fight amongst the best Arma players, Asylum is the place for you. If you want to be a part of a nice community and enjoy roleplaying, ALUK is for you. I suggest staying away from GTA as they have a very young Admin team who tend to be immature at most times, however their development is light years ahead of ALUK's. 

AltisLifeUK is a nice server, but unfortunately they are let down by there lack of development as they have a 14yr old developer who doesn't really know what he's doing, however the staff team is very nice and friendly. 

So to sum it up.
Asylum: Combat oriented, amazing features, terrible UI, a lot of bugs, amazing developer. Freedom. No NLR
ALUK: Amazing community, amazing roleplay, terrible development, terrible UI, way to many bugs, terrible features. Strict rules. 15m NLR
GTA: Immature Admins, good UI, best balancing, decent features, good developer, has the least bugs, semi strict rules. Strict NLR
Olympus: Terrible at everything. 15m NLR.

this

THR4SH3R and Olivia like this
2 hours ago, THR4SH3R said:

I get what you're all saying. I am not saying 'strict' rules, I'm saying to stop RDMing everybody you see if you can afford the fines.

I get what you mean, however, unfortunately there isn't the single 'best' Altis Life server. Each server is good and bad in its owns way, some servers will be much better in one area, however not in another. You just have to find the one that fits you best. 

Asylum tends to have a higher RDM ratio because the Gun Store is located within city limits, however that's also the amazing thing, pistol banging in Kavala is life.

Buck, THR4SH3R, Big Fred and 1 other like this
5 hours ago, THR4SH3R said:

Using overhead tags to identify me (Metagaming) and violation of New Life Rules 

Just to clarify.

1. The tags is not metagaming ( to my understanding) as said this is a light RP server and also this helps everybody to know who to shoot and wo not to ( as this server has a lot of combant ). With this you will not report for RDM someone that killed you because you know he is in that gang/group so you are inititated with them.

2. There is no NLR here, however if you kill or get killed by someone and he decides to get back to kill you he or you needs to reinitiate. Unless there is still somone of the other group alive and you are alive, you both are still in combat ( Combat Inititation last for 5 minutes until the last shot fired or until the other group or your group gets wiped) 

Hopefully I explain myself good enough and this helps you to understand better our rules.

1 hour ago, epTic said:

if they're RDMing, report it and get them banned. 

It's easy, really. Quit being a fucking cupcake and suck it up

The one time I'll agree with eptic.

We all went through it. If you like the community enough, you just have to suck it up and work through it. Granted I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that robbing is much more frequent now than when I started out. I can see them adding more restrictions to RDM - like having a seriously legit reason / gain from killing someone so that people just can't kill everyone they see I guess. Hands up - dead. If a gang lands an orca near civs, they are usually all dead. Although I do it too, it isn't really fair to them.

17 hours ago, epTic said:

if they're RDMing, report it and get them banned. 

It's easy, really. Quit being a fucking cupcake and suck it up

We're all here to have fun, it just shouldn't happen. I am not complaining for myself; I'm complaining for those who work hard and lose it all because somebody finds fun in shooting unarmed civilians. You need to grow up slightly.

On 4/9/2016 at 7:40 PM, THR4SH3R said:

We're all here to have fun, it just shouldn't happen. I am not complaining for myself; I'm complaining for those who work hard and lose it all because somebody finds fun in shooting unarmed civilians. You need to grow up slightly.

Asylum Life is harsh. Gangs rule most of the island and cops are seldom to be seen compared to real life.

One has to fend for himself and rely on his own wits and skills to survive.

theodore_roosevelt_quote.jpg