server 6 needs your help

9 hours ago, BouncingHitman said:

Guys in my book the server is still considered to be new. Give the developers some time. They need to overlook 5 different servers and I'm pretty sure they have a life apart from spending hours on coding and then figuring out if what they did broke anything.

The best thing you can do is to start a topic in the suggestions forum.

Exactly, its new and needs time. Also I think one of the issue with the amount of players online is the people who think its bugged will stay away. People who don't want to grind for money again will stay where they are and what I think makes the numbers the lowest is the less people on a server the less people want to join because they feel they wont run into anyone when there's more people on other servers. 

10 hours ago, bamf said:

How is S6 playing now that cocaine and meth have been tweaked in terms of placement?  

The vehicle issues are part map, and part vehicle mod - neither of which we have control over. We can tweak the beetle, just not the Jonzie and other cars (well perhaps we can, but it's difficult in a way). 

The cop issues were a bug that no one told me about, but they were fixed last week. I think it was only an issue for a day as well. 

I love S6 and want to see it thrive.  Let me know what else seems to not be right, and I'll see what I can do to fix it  

Sadly I have not seen much improvement. I love the server but the pop is just not there. 

blinky likes this
46 minutes ago, HotWings said:

Sadly I have not seen much improvement. I love the server but the pop is just not there. 

I get that the population isn't there again (hopefully just for now), but in terms of time vs. reward - do those seem more in line with expectations now?

3 minutes ago, bamf said:

I get that the population isn't there again (hopefully just for now), but in terms of time vs. reward - do those seem more in line with expectations now?

The new locations do seem to be better. I heard alot of people saying meth and coke we doable now.  Imma jump on later and see if people are around them

Edited by HotWings
15 minutes ago, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

Would it be in Paratus's interest in converting all servers into a mod?  In the case of Altis servers, keeping all gameplay and existing content but adding in the new weapons, uniforms and vehicles and also being to add more activities through modding. 

No, it would not.  The thing that built the Asylum up was "ease of access".  Being a fully modded community would not make access easy.  I like having at least one modded server around now that the launcher can do the "hard work" of downloading stuff for people, but asking every player who comes here to download 20GB of stuff would not be good for the community.  

Eric916 likes this
5 minutes ago, bamf said:

No, it would not.  The thing that built the Asylum up was "ease of access".  Being a fully modded community would not make access easy.  I like having at least one modded server around now that the launcher can do the "hard work" of downloading stuff for people, but asking every player who comes here to download 20GB of stuff would not be good for the community.  

I think that's a fair point and probably has a lot to do with the long term sustained "high" population of the Asylum servers.

@bamfWould you say that Australia was sort of a testing ground to feel out the plan for Tanoa? I.e. splitting the community across maps/mods.  I personally think that while Australia is a neat map, it isn't truly conducive to a life mod, or at least not to Asylum.  I would hope that another official map would maybe be a different story.  Is there any chance of a total conversion to Tanoa?

22 hours ago, bamf said:

How is S6 playing now that cocaine and meth have been tweaked in terms of placement?  

The vehicle issues are part map, and part vehicle mod - neither of which we have control over. We can tweak the beetle, just not the Jonzie and other cars (well perhaps we can, but it's difficult in a way). 

The cop issues were a bug that no one told me about, but they were fixed last week. I think it was only an issue for a day as well. 

I love S6 and want to see it thrive.  Let me know what else seems to not be right, and I'll see what I can do to fix it  

Meth is good. Before, heroin was basically the only profitable thing in a ground vehicle. Now meth is comparable, haven't actually compared time to do a run/price yield yet. Only thing is, drive is very far to drug dealer for meth. Obviously can't fix very easily because drug dealers are typically in main cities, no big city by meth lab. Turf helps to sell your meth and get back on a run. Have not tried coke.

1 hour ago, bamf said:

I disagree but I understand your point.  It is incredibly simple to get the mods, it's pretty self explanatory and fast.  The one big thing I think of is that when server 6 was released ( Without even an official announcement I believe ) the first few days you had to spam enter for a long time to even get in, which I think that is attributed to the fact that it's a modded server.  The server population has gone down obviously but I think that is due to there needs to be much needed changes in order for the server to have a good population.

I at least hope to see a modded Altis or Tanoa server eventually, Australia is just not that good of a map and lots of people have issues running it.

On 4/12/2016 at 3:27 PM, PeteZaRollz said:

Reason i stopped playing on server 6 was the fact that there were massive amounts of cancerous players camping the towns. I would spawn in and before i could even render in somebody would be spamming me to put my hands up then shoot me inside the spawn. I figured it was just a weekend thing, but i was wrong. It was continuous RDM for a good while. I put in reports for the player, but it would be a good 7 days before any action was taken. So that meant in the mean time those players were continuing to be retards and ruin the experience for everyone else. Its no surprise to me the servers dead. 

In my experience you were one of those people lmao.

Also Altis is a HORRIBLE map and the Aussie map is made 10x better.

Edited by Jexla
Karl Lennox likes this
4 hours ago, Jexla said:

In my experience you were one of those people lmao.

He also didn't realize trolling around in a loud ass jeep would get you killed after being asked to stop ;)

Guy does bring up a point though. 

What's up with the same spawn location in every town? 

Edited by blinky

Already unsubscribed and deleted the mods.  On average there are 15 or less players on S6..not worth the 40gb it takes up on my ssd. I would entertain the idea of re-downloading if some major changes.  Was a refreshing change from altis (at first)

Suppose i'm part of the problem now.. 

Edited by blinky
Karl Lennox likes this

ok the frames are fixed in auss anyone who is still having trouble must be on a dell or gateway or something , because I have a imac 28' partitioned and I run just fine at 40 which isn't even a game computer. next. the server needs all u guys to get off 4 for a day and come support, it wont hurt no one will miss you and ur not cheating on ya server. if u care about asylum in general u would support it same way most yall aint donors and havent helped support so  u can whine about it but at the end of the day they are telling you no it wont be taken down , no altis wont be modded. so there fore either join up or stay put. but downing something u really haven't given a try is whack..auss is 100% better than altis . atm we just need a population . and iwhen u mod altis u gonna need to download stuff, asylum is the biggest n best because u don't need anything to play but the game...and still its modded...bloodbags? redgulls? talents etc...that's not arma . that's asylum...all ya got a initation to come get wrecked on 6 lol...hope to see ya soon!

Sergio likes this