new animations for better RP

I'm not sure if this is possible without mods, but there are animations already in like the ninja shit and pissing etc., so i'm assuming it is possible to create animations and perhaps make it a bind-able key... Rather than the #f introduce, if anything you could bind keys to say that in chat i would think.

The expressions i was thinking of for instance, is pointing straight ahead, so when you kill a sweaty little nerd you can point at him and laugh.

The middle finger, would also be great, no specific case needed for this animation, giving a middle finger is always fun.

and there are plenty more variations of hand movements that i think would enhance roleplay/immersion

A reason alot of times RP can be boring, is because there are no real expressions, you just kinda stand there awkwardly staring at eachother, if there could be animations added with variations hand movements and etc. it would be alot more immersive and believable. 

Not a huge deal if this isn't possible, you see it in other servers, but modded ones, so....

LO L J K WUT IS RP NOBODY PLAYS HERE FOR THE RP

Edited by Jaylen Sarrett
28 minutes ago, Buckwalter said:

However I'm not sure how possible it would be to create new animations without modding. 

Well, they already have them, you just must type them out, why couldn't make a script to bind a key that types that into chat, rather than having to do it manually...

i don't think that requires mods, but again, i don't know really... All i know is that we have emotes and things in there now, but they're lacking af, 

39 minutes ago, Jaylen Sarrett said:

Well, they already have them, you just must type them out, why couldn't make a script to bind a key that types that into chat, rather than having to do it manually...

i don't think that requires mods, but again, i don't know really... All i know is that we have emotes and things in there now, but they're lacking af, 

Oh, sorry I didn't clarify. You could easily make existing animations play with a keybind rather than having to type it out. The difficulty is in getting the new animations. I'm honestly not sure where the existing ones came from or whether or not new animations can be used without a mod. I honestly have no idea on that. I guess I've just assume that it requires mods due to the relative rarity of custom animations. Who knows though. 

As for the existing emotes, #explain will cover like 60% of roleplay situations haha

6 minutes ago, Treeherder said:

All those hand motions you see on CG can be done without mods, but is it really worth the development time for the minimal increase in RP that it would bring?

RP is a two way street. 

Just because a civ or a cop is really into the RP, doesnt mean the other side will return it. 

46 minutes ago, Treeherder said:

All those hand motions you see on CG can be done without mods, but is it really worth the development time for the minimal increase in RP that it would bring?

I really don't think it's as difficult and would take as much time as you think...

and if they were, why would they add any at all? The ones used now, are basically only used for just because its a good laugh to a see retarded guy standing there with a weapon laying on the ground... like... wat

Edited by Jaylen Sarrett