Server 6

4 hours ago, Gnashes said:

Server 6 is kill

If server 6 is shut down, are there any plans to compensate those of us who spent a lot of time on it? Server 6 is what brought me back to Asylum after 6 months away. It's going to be a huge kick in the balls if all of the money,vehicles, etc are now wasted and I have to start over AGAIN on servers 1-4.

Sergio likes this

54 minutes ago, JumJum said:

If server 6 is shut down, are there any plans to compensate those of us who spent a lot of time on it? Server 6 is what brought me back to Asylum after 6 months away. It's going to be a huge kick in the balls if all of the money,vehicles, etc are now wasted and I have to start over AGAIN on servers 1-4.

yes you will be compensated.

Newfie and ATF MG007 like this
19 hours ago, Mr Smirnoff said:

yes you will be compensated.

@Mr Smirnoff, any ETA on if/when it will be shut down?

Also, would it be possible to have it switch to a modded version of Altis or a different map, maybe one from the CUP like Chernarus or Takistan?

The mods are awesome, but I think the map is just too big and people don't want to have to regrind

28 minutes ago, ATF MG007 said:

@Mr Smirnoff, any ETA on if/when it will be shut down?

Also, would it be possible to have it switch to a modded version of Altis or a different map, maybe one from the CUP like Chernarus or Takistan?

The mods are awesome, but I think the map is just too big and people don't want to have to regrind

No ETA right now we are hoping the new release of the Australia map will bring people back and we will try to relaunch if not its gone.

Newfie likes this
8 minutes ago, Bunni said:

I think it would be much better on a new map. The map was way too big to be enjoyable for me, also 10-20 frames was pretty bad. I think Taviana, Chernarus, Takistan, or a modded altis would be a much better experince. 

This, i really loved the map but its just too big and 50% of it goes unused anyways

Kenny was fucking playing normal Altis life because he likes FPS and player popularity. He also LOVED the idea of making a new exciting Australia Life server with 6 people n it everyday and getting rid of Stratis Life which had around 55 people everyday. That's was Kenny was fucking doing.

8 minutes ago, Kenny said:

Kenny was fucking playing normal Altis life because he likes FPS and player popularity. He also LOVED the idea of making a new exciting Australia Life server with 6 people n it everyday and getting rid of Stratis Life which had around 55 people everyday. That's was Kenny was fucking doing.

Stratis had 15 people max.

Eric916 likes this
5 hours ago, Bunni said:

I think it would be much better on a new map. The map was way too big to be enjoyable for me, also 10-20 frames was pretty bad. I think Taviana, Chernarus, Takistan, or a modded altis would be a much better experince. 

I agree. Initially when it was decided that the modded server would be on the Australia map, I was pretty disappointed. I remember thinking to myself, isn't that the one where half of the map is just a bunch of sand dunes? But as we did more and more testing I got increasingly excited about it and ended up feeling like it was a good choice. I was still bummed that we went with a map so aesthetically similar to altis rather than something really new and different. 

But once the server launched I started feeling like the map was too big for the player count and all of the sudden a number of severe performance issues started to appear. I think it's a great map, with a ton of awesome roleplay-oriented features that made it really promising, however it just isn't well suited for Asylum. Life mods live and die on the level of player interaction they provide and sadly Australia just doesn't allow for very much. And I feel like a different map could offer more inspiration for roleplay. Something like Takistan or even Cherno, could offer a lot of fun roleplay opportunities and themed gangs. Additionally they both look quite nice and are absolutely amazing in terms of performance. 

But Alas, Tanoa will soon be upon us and hopefully we'll all be cruising around on jetskis. I'm not sure if Paratus is planning on a Tanoa server but I really hope so. 

bunni and ATF MG007 like this
17 hours ago, Buckwalter said:

I agree. Initially when it was decided that the modded server would be on the Australia map, I was pretty disappointed. I remember thinking to myself, isn't that the one where half of the map is just a bunch of sand dunes? But as we did more and more testing I got increasingly excited about it and ended up feeling like it was a good choice. I was still bummed that we went with a map so aesthetically similar to altis rather than something really new and different. 

But once the server launched I started feeling like the map was too big for the player count and all of the sudden a number of severe performance issues started to appear. I think it's a great map, with a ton of awesome roleplay-oriented features that made it really promising, however it just isn't well suited for Asylum. Life mods live and die on the level of player interaction they provide and sadly Australia just doesn't allow for very much. And I feel like a different map could offer more inspiration for roleplay. Something like Takistan or even Cherno, could offer a lot of fun roleplay opportunities and themed gangs. Additionally they both look quite nice and are absolutely amazing in terms of performance. 

But Alas, Tanoa will soon be upon us and hopefully we'll all be cruising around on jetskis. I'm not sure if Paratus is planning on a Tanoa server but I really hope so. 

I think that modded Chernarus would be awesome. I know many people on these servers might have come from Arma 2 Life servers initially, but there's also a huge influx of people who started with ARMA 3. And considering that it's been 3 years since ARMA 3 launched, I don't think a return would be too terrible.

I know I never got to do life on ARMA 2, and it would make me extremely happy to play that map! Honestly, I feel it's better terrain than Takistan. The forests would give a nice new element to PvP that we really don't see too much on Altis.

On an unrelated note, Buck, when did you step down? I've been out of touch with the servers for a while.

1 hour ago, ATF MG007 said:

I think that modded Chernarus would be awesome. I know many people on these servers might have come from Arma 2 Life servers initially, but there's also a huge influx of people who started with ARMA 3. And considering that it's been 3 years since ARMA 3 launched, I don't think a return would be too terrible.

I know I never got to do life on ARMA 2, and it would make me extremely happy to play that map! Honestly, I feel it's better terrain than Takistan. The forests would give a nice new element to PvP that we really don't see too much on Altis.

On an unrelated note, Buck, when did you step down? I've been out of touch with the servers for a while.

Tavianna was easily the best map in arma 2. Would love to see that map on Arma 3, lots of really nice locations for cartels/turfs. But Chernarus wouldnt be bad at all.