Legal & Illegal Field/Processor Rotation

So I've been thinking this through, it has it's pros and cons but I think it could work. Everyone's gotta admit, seeing the same old illegal fields constantly every day is a bit stale and it has probably been suggested beforehand but I propose a rotational cycle for illegal fields and processors. Much like cartels, it's always nice to not be seeing and fighting at the same cartel every restart. I believe that adding a rotational cycle to illegal fields/processors would really spice up the gameplay and keep things interesting for all factions (Cop/Civ). Although this idea does have it's faults so to speak. For example the players that have spent $$$ on having house(s) dedicated to that one or maybe multiple different illegal areas; well those houses would prove obsolete unless the rotational cycle brought it back around nearer the house(s) provided. I've heard feedback from multiple different figures in Asylum and majority approve of it and would like to see it happen. I personally would like to see this happen due to the fact of the illegal areas are just so easy to come across and we know all the nooks and crannies. I'd like to see it happen because a lot of the map isn't used and we could make use of it by including this feature.

EDIT: Add legal fields also to make it more convenient for gathering purposes. 

Edited by Crow
USCCHRIS and Scofield like this

Not just houses that are effected. Some drugs take multiple ingredients so traveling will become a factor. Certain legal areas will have to be moved if illegal sites that are changed because some areas are just not easily accessible for the effort to make what ever drug gets moved. Good concept on paper but to much to planning for it to be worth it.

Crow and USCCHRIS like this
9 minutes ago, Infamy said:

Why just the Illegal shit,Why not rotate every gather at restart,that way everyones got to adapt,whether Rebels,Cops or civs.

But the amount of planning around where they would move do would be immense.

This could work, have a rotation cycle for all legal and illegal fields/processors. It is also a lot of work if they wanted to pull it off.

Just now, Sean That Irish Guy said:

Its just one of those things that literally just sounds good. There is no practical aspect to it due to its planning

Yeah thats the issue i see,is every single fields would need to be mapped out carefully,even having to get to ground level when deciding so it doesnt get smashed into cliff or under ground due to some weird ass terrain change,so well say,4 locations per,so thats what,like 50-52 locations to map out in total,Not counting making sure they dont intercede with cartel placement,Then they would have to make sure the fieds are a decent distance from their processors.

Maybe a better solution is to have them move like once  a week or once a month where they all just change.

• 7 months later...
2 hours ago, Smee said:

i wouldnt mind rebel activities rotating such as prison fed and bank.

but -1 for people who spend allot of money for a house that will benefit them for drugs 

But the thing is drug locations change all the time to prevent detection, so why isnt it logical to do the same but keep it in a cycle - like cartels, its more dynamic and makes the value of housing flourish