1 minute ago, KBW said:

The despawn time DOES reset when accessing the trunk.

For now, just make it a habit to "T" your car every short while.

I find this more reliable that driver in->out

i will check it, yesterday my boxer despawned when i was excavating and i acessed the trunk

20 minutes ago, KBW said:

The despawn time DOES reset when accessing the trunk.

For now, just make it a habit to "T" your car every short while.

I find this more reliable that driver in->out

Seems the script for that fails quite often, I've been contempt with using the T feature for awhile until it despawned on me right in front of my face after 2 minutes of picking barley, now a days I drive in and out for good measure.

Obasi likes this
Just now, Berus said:

Vehicle despawn sucks, we know that is for performance issues, but why not reset the despawn time when you access the trunk ? it is a lot more easier when mining/excavating, its easier than going driver and going out.

I assure you, when turtle poaching I swim back to my boat frequently.

Every turtle, or turtle group I kill.  I go to my boat and put it in my trunk.
I'm just a little bit salty, I've decided not to b*tch until now.  Because this has been the fourth time within a month. 
One was due to a server crash, I just haven't submitted comp, probably won't because I don't remember most of the requirements.

It's okay I just quit for a few hours and get back on and try again. It's just irritating. 

Edit: The boat has completely vanished in front of me most times.

Edited by Obasi

LOL this is like the 4th vehicle despawn post.. Gnashes is gonna lose it lol he probably will lock this the moment he logs onto forums and see's it.

My only suggestion is stay close to the boat and transfer items often to ensure it doesn't despawn

I only had problem with my vehicle despawning when i parked it far away from where i was excavating.

Olivia likes this
2 hours ago, eric91611 said:

LOL this is like the 4th vehicle despawn post.. Gnashes is gonna lose it lol he probably will lock this the moment he logs onto forums and see's it.

My only suggestion is stay close to the boat and transfer items often to ensure it doesn't despawn

I only had problem with my vehicle despawning when i parked it far away from where i was excavating.

i posted this because Obasi posted that so i remembered that problem

Eric916 likes this

Any chance of being able to bind the cleanup scripts to player vicinity? @KBW

Say player is 200m away from he's vehicle it will despawn in 10 minutes. If player is inside the 200m, the vehicle will not despawn.
I feel like there is a better way around the current system which everyone basically hates. Its not new user friendly either which is the biggest issue. 

USCCHRIS likes this
11 minutes ago, Haych said:

Any chance of being able to bind the cleanup scripts to player vicinity? @KBW

Say player is 200m away from he's vehicle it will despawn in 10 minutes. If player is inside the 200m, the vehicle will not despawn.
I feel like there is a better way around the current system which everyone basically hates. Its not new user friendly either which is the biggest issue. 

Personally i think this is great idea but it wouldn't work well, because cities (mainly Kavala) are full of cars that people pulled out and then left there, never to have left the city.

More stolen vehicles, more impounding, more clutter, and more lag will come from this. 

2 hours ago, Doctor Butts said:

Despawn warning would be great. However, for a lot of gathering type jobs, the despawn window is way too short.

How so? I have mined/excavated/meth/coke/heroin/weed and more. And i can't think of any time that my vehicle despawned while collecting except for wreck excavating but I had my boat too far away and didn't check on it for way too long... I can see if u have a truck on shore locked that your relaying goods to then you may have a problem which sucks but there may be no way around that. I always just pull up my boat and run back n forth from jewelry store to boat. it's risky but so is having your truck full of goods sit there while your excavating.