Ship Wrecks Need Triggers

Broken_Shipwrecks.jpg

Can we fix these Shipwrecks.   They are far away from any diving shops so it takes some effort if one wants to excavate here.   Due to its location to a Boat Spawn and Jewlry Store it is the most efficent place to do it.    Also note the Boat Store at this location Will rob you.  The garage is not linked to others on the server either.   Im not sure if the boat store actually robbed me or if the it is linked to proper spawn waypoint.

23 minutes ago, OfficerDoofy said:

The one near the boat docks is   it works on another server if you basically lay on the seafloor.   
I mean Rob as in takes the money but no Boat at spawner or in garage.

I assume you mean another community. 

Because not everything is suppposed to be easy and cater to people laziness. 

Excavating is already easy. Click a button, AFK. Now you dont want to have to drive as far. Come on. 

Treeherder likes this

I feel like you don't fully grasp the the circumstances.

A.  Its Far as Hell from any Diving Shop where you Need to go to buy the Scuba Suit,  Re-breather and Diving Goggles Needed.   

B.  Its far away from where the cops hang out but near a High traffic location Increasing the likelihood / risk of a hostile encounter.

C.  There was Obviously a Reason there is a Random jewelry Store right there in the middle of nowhere next to 3 shipwrecks and a boat dock.   

D.  Clearly It would be Easier / less lazy to excavate just off of pygos since i wouldn't have to drive 1/2 way across the map to get started?   

Maybe not assume everyone is a lazy shit and looking to make things easy.   Considering there are TONs of shipwrecks and only 5-6 of them can be excavated and are right next to diving shops and boat docks.   The idea is there should be options,  Safety and convenience, Efficient and risky,  Or secluded and stealthy.        Overall this is just my opinion.   Fyi It would seem that you could just go click and afk but if you've ever spent any time doing it you would find its quite frustrating most of the time between server resets and crashes  logging back in floating in the water no boat in site that had your last 40 minutes of loot on it and a 30 minute swim to town.   Lets not pretend that its as simple as you imply.

Edited by OfficerDoofy

You'll have to provide more detail on the shop robbing you, because it sounds like a bug report should be made.

I don't really agree with the complaint about needing to go to a dive shop. If its as secluded as you say, and you're going to be diving the whole time: what's the big deal for the whole one trip you need to make to the dive shop assuming you already don't have the gear?

Yea, it sucks when you get a run of bad luck and the server crashes. Any other situation you have ample warning that the server is going to restart.

Even with a carryall, if you have the excavator perk, your inventory is going to be full with minutes to spare before the boat despawns. Heck: even if your client crashes, in many instances you'll be able to log back on in time to interact with the boat before it disappears.

I do have a question though: do shipwrecks have different hauls? For instance, will some have a chance for more gems or cocaine?

4 minutes ago, Doctor Butts said:

You'll have to provide more detail on the shop robbing you, because it sounds like a bug report should be made.

I don't really agree with the complaint about needing to go to a dive shop. If its as secluded as you say, and you're going to be diving the whole time: what's the big deal for the whole one trip you need to make to the dive shop assuming you already don't have the gear?

Yea, it sucks when you get a run of bad luck and the server crashes. Any other situation you have ample warning that the server is going to restart.

Even with a carryall, if you have the excavator perk, your inventory is going to be full with minutes to spare before the boat despawns. Heck: even if your client crashes, in many instances you'll be able to log back on in time to interact with the boat before it disappears.

I do have a question though: do shipwrecks have different hauls? For instance, will some have a chance for more gems or cocaine?

It was not intended to be received as a complaint but rather a request.  I assumed that these shipwrecks and all others were Intended to be excavated.    

Its not secluded just far from the diving shop making it less convenient then other locations.  I am not suggesting a Diving shop be added to this location but rather the shipwrecks found here and all others be excavatable.  If they were to add a diving shop here it would then indeed be too convenient / easy.   The reason this Spot is unique / desirable is because there is a random jewelry shop a Boat dock and shipwrecks here.   so the trip between water to jeweler would be reduced but its quite inconvenient to get started at considering the travel time from town and there is a increased risk due to the traffic going to and from the oil rig.  its pretty far from any populated city's it would be tempting for a armed player to rob you.  Another thing adding to the risk is the shipwrecks are close enough to land that if a player were to find you he or she would not need a boat or chopper to get to you since you can easily be spotted and shot at from land.  Is also within swimming distance without scuba gear.   

Another thing to consider is the ATM is located at the Boat Shop which is on the opposite side of the cove so you would either carry a risky amount of cash for the sake of efficiency or basically lose the efficiency gained by working this spot going from jeweler to atm in between trips because they are dramatically further apart then they are in towns

I genuinely dont know if different wrecks have different hauls.  Having some scripting experience its not likely.  They are probably just generic triggers that exec a script thats else {if 1 of 7 options.   Depending on what number the we'll call it a Random number generator gives will give you that loot.  The script probably just loops the Random numbers and loot every couple seconds the inventory check returns full.

5 hours ago, Wompie said:

As in too shallow to physically code it? It is quite deep at the bottom. They already have triggers, they're just screwed up. If it is too shallow why not just completely remove them?

if (playerSide == west) exitWith {hint "Cops cannot search wrecks."};
if (player distance (nearestObject[player,"Land_UWreck_FishingBoat_F"]) > 50) exitWith {titleText["You need to be closer to a ship wreck to use the excavator.","PLAIN"]};
if ((getPosASL player) select 2 > -10) exitWith {titleText["The excavator requires more water pressure (you're not deep enough).","PLAIN"]};
titleText["Searching Wreck...","PLAIN"];
if (life_action_in_use) exitWith {};

On 5/21/2016 at 0:57 PM, Wompie said:

As in too shallow to physically code it? It is quite deep at the bottom. They already have triggers, they're just screwed up. If it is too shallow why not just completely remove them?

Theyre part of the map.