How do I turn up direct chat audio?

Go to your controls and bind "custom control 10" to a random key out of the way of all the other keys you use. Whenever something gets loud as fuck hit that key and earplugs will be inserted. As for your direct chat issue, your effects control how loud someone is when they speak in direct chat so increase that and use earplugs and you should be good to go. Earplugs do NOT fuck with how loud someone is in direct, it stays completely the same, earplugs only change how loud the other ingame effects are such as car engines and helicopters.

11 minutes ago, Buffalo Bill said:

Go to your controls and bind "custom control 10" to a random key out of the way of all the other keys you use. Whenever something gets loud as fuck hit that key and earplugs will be inserted. As for your direct chat issue, your effects control how loud someone is when they speak in direct chat so increase that and use earplugs and you should be good to go. Earplugs do NOT fuck with how loud someone is in direct, it stays completely the same, earplugs only change how loud the other ingame effects are such as car engines and helicopters.

This works pretty well, I turned up effects all the way and just use earplugs. Any cons of using this tho, like do the earplugs go away on death causing everything to be loud af again?

Just now, yoooooooooooo said:

This works pretty well, I turned up effects all the way and just use earplugs. Any cons of using this tho, like do the earplugs go away on death causing everything to be loud af again?

Nope, earplugs persist until you turn them off or log out.

Just now, yoooooooooooo said:

Just "Take them out and put them back in" if they get bugged. If you need to hear like footsteps at a cartel or some shit just take them out.