Red Names - Updated

24 minutes ago, Sean That Irish Guy said:

There is literally no fucking reason for this. Red = dead. If someone doesnt show up red, dont shoot. If someone who isnt red shoots you, report them. Simple.

The only problem with this is that it promotes revenge killing in a lot of cases where someone respawns and kill someone because their name is red. Will probably be fixed soon tho.

Crossfade likes this
1 hour ago, Parker said:

The only problem with this is that it promotes revenge killing in a lot of cases where someone respawns and kill someone because their name is red. Will probably be fixed soon tho.

Revenge killing has always been a thing. Once its within 5 minutes you can do what ever you want. To stop this NLR would have to be implemented and it wont be. This is not a strict RP server which people forget a lot of the time and which is why the servers are mainly so populated, because its relaxed RP.

36 minutes ago, Sean That Irish Guy said:

Revenge killing has always been a thing. Once its within 5 minutes you can do what ever you want. To stop this NLR would have to be implemented and it wont be. This is not a strict RP server which people forget a lot of the time and which is why the servers are mainly so populated, because its relaxed RP.

Revenge killing is RDM m8. if you respawn you must reinititate. Due to the red names, you can die, respawn and their name is still red = kos. 

The aggression system shouldn't be Red, simple as, another colour would help so much. @KBW

The amount of times I have shot a Red name in Donor town after logging in, only for it to be either a gang member revenge kill, or he's gang is fighting mine at say Rebel or something and not a actually war kill. At this stage, if its Red, i'm shooting it. Everyone does it, and everyone calls RDM in side chat. Its just confusing, especially in Donor town when a gang is not warring you, however he's name is still Red. Gnashes has stated you can't just be shooting everyone with the aggression system and he will ban for it, but if he's name is Red, i'm killing regardless, rules are rules, Red means KOS in everyones eyes.

A good example of this. We were fighting a gang in the next town over from Donor, we are not at war. I spawn inside Donor town and get pistol banged by a guy where my name was Red to him, even though our gangs is at a good distance away fighting. I can't blame the guy, he shot what was Red.

Edited by Haych
2 hours ago, Sean That Irish Guy said:

FailFish

Tell me if I'm reading this right.

Different color for aggressive players, which should be overwritten by red for war status obviously.

Perhaps when you yourself die, change all aggressive names back to their default color?

And, reduce the distance from the event that other units are marked, currently it's 3000 meters, may reduce to 2000.

Edited by KBW
Kettles, Big Bird, Spencer and 1 other like this
13 minutes ago, KBW said:

Tell me if I'm reading this right.

Different color for aggressive players, which should be overwritten by red for war status obviously.

Perhaps when you yourself die, change all aggressive names back to their default color?

And, reduce the distance from the event that other units are marked, currently it's 3000 meters, may reduce to 2000.

Yes. +1

9 minutes ago, KBW said:

I've decided I won't change the color, as the more simple among us will be confused, but the distance and status reset on death have been edited for the next patch... Which should be on Monday (fingers crossed). Have ran into many unexpected troubles in development this week.

What will happen if you get revived? Will names still reset back to usual color or will it remain red?