This may sound like a stupid idea but since the 72nd anniversary of the Normandy landings in France is coming up on the 6th, it'd be interesting if the admins held a pvp event similar in style to the beach landings. It could even be an apd vs civs event where the apd could defend a section of beach and vice versa. Boats and/or amphibious vehicles could be used to simulate some of the landing craft. Respawn points could be put on a small island or an admin created platform. The ones attacking could have a flag/waypoint they must capture and hold to win. What say ye?

Edited by googoo
SpooderGuy and scen7edcandle like this
2 hours ago, googoo said:

This may sound like a stupid idea but since the 72nd anniversary of the Normandy landings in France is coming up on the 6th, it'd be interesting if the admins held a pvp event similar in style to the beach landings. It could even be an apd vs civs event where the apd could defend a section of beach and vice versa. Boats and/or amphibious vehicles could be used to simulate some of the landing craft. Respawn points could be put on a small island or an admin created platform. The ones attacking could have a flag/waypoint they must capture and hold to win. What say ye?

As fun as this sounds it would be hard to prevent the people in the boats dying before landing.

42 minutes ago, Jack Hoff said:

Don't see how this could work with unmodified Arma

I'm sure It could work between two gangs or groups but I doubt it could work on asylum where everyone's uncoordinated. My idea was that a mission could have armored amphibious vehicles and/or boats head to a waypoint on a beach, drop people off, and have people respawn at a point near the beach. People defending could have lmgs. I hadn't seen any d-day type missions so I was thinking it'd be pretty cool if someone came up with one that works.