World of Warcraft

Boris

8 minutes ago, KevinOB said:

Personally MOP is my second favorite expansion, but I can understand you not liking it if you are a noob.

Expansion was ass, boring as shit and made everything noob friendly along with WoD lol but of course everyone is entitled to their own opinion :)

I resubbed 2 days ago then immediately refunded it, I'm probably the highest rated/most experienced person on these forums and I can tell you current state wow blows cock, not only for pvp but pve as well they released that new raid at the start of the season with no plan to add on or put out any new content until legion... Blizzard truly are lazy fucking cunts. Also I'm one of the "lucky" people who had both access to the alpha and as well as the closed beta for legion and let me be the first to tell you it looks absolutely fucking awful the game is even more simplified than before and for anyone that wants to enjoy wow again your best bet is if blizzard does legacy servers. 

As for my opinion and of course everyone is entitled to their own in terms of expansion this is how my list goes...FOR ME:

wotlk>mop>bc>cata>wod

the game just has new Devs with shitty ideas the game has strayed so far off the original path and they say they plan to add 9+ more expansions, can't wait to see how awful those are.

also for those of you interested in beta the current health pool of most classes are 2million....2 fucking million..rofl wtf

/endrant

Barely made it to raiding in vanilla,

Made Challenger mage in BC, BiS mage until sunwell when i quit. Originally Arcane, then went frost for meta (Rexxar)

Made BiS druid in wotlk - no pvp in wotlk , pve was too fun (Rexxar)

Didnt play much in cata , hated it. Did however get over 2k with RBG's as a fire mage (Rexxar). 

Made it to Rival with Ele shaman in MoP, and BiS ret pally and made some money off garry runs. (StormRage)

Didnt do alot in Draenor except collect rare mounts and things, was bored quickly to be honest. (StormRage)

Im not sure if I should buy legion or not, regardless of how wow is doing. I've always bought every expansion and made my own opinion, but im not sure about it this time around. 

In terms of how much I enjoyed the exps It was

BC > WOTLK > MOP > didnt give a fuck for the rest. I was too young to really enjoy vanilla so I can'[t comment on it. I spent a shit ton of time wandering around doing nothing till meeting friends in BC.

Edited by Sugarfoot

The majority of people will buy legion and stick to it for about 3-5 weeks after max level before the subs start dropping again.

Theres like 3 main problems with WoW.

1. Casual players can achieve the same progression in basically everything as players like play like 10 hours a day

2. 0 Community aspect as of servers being merged together, along with LFG, LFR, PR.  before servers use to have communities and such where everyone knew everyone whether youre shit or not.

3. Games more simply than fucking minecraft, Raids use to require raids went from 40m to 25 in bc/wotlk, then 10m in everything else (Also took legit 150+days after Vanilla/TBC releases for people to complete a raid, now it takes 1 week) which is not due to people "getting better", its due to the fact that you can clear the current raid in lv 100 Boosted greens.

37 minutes ago, hamsham12 said:

the game just has new Devs with shitty ideas the game has strayed so far off the original path and they say they plan to add 9+ more expansions, can't wait to see how awful those are.

Dont worry next xpac is Emerald Dream, its gonna be the shit :kappa:

I think a lot of people still expect WoW to be like it was in Vanilla/TBC.

Things are easy and casual because that's what the current video-game playing generation largely wants.

If I have a job, a family, and things to attend to, i'll be lucky to get 1-2 hours of gaming a night, why would I play WoW if during that time all I could do is do garrison missions then log off?

Legion looks super good because of the healing changes tbh.

19 minutes ago, Boris said:

I think a lot of people still expect WoW to be like it was in Vanilla/TBC.

Things are easy and casual because that's what the current video-game playing generation largely wants.

If I have a job, a family, and things to attend to, i'll be lucky to get 1-2 hours of gaming a night, why would I play WoW if during that time all I could do is do garrison missions then log off?

Legion looks super good because of the healing changes tbh.

People like to feel accomplished when they get gear/mounts/etc, you dont get that feeling anymore with the new wow, its dumb. 

Also you see a lot of people want WoW to be like it was back in Vanilla/tbc, because thats when sub counts were at its highest, and there was no doubt that literally every one of those 11 million subs back in TBC were all "Hardcore gamers" Not casual. So people just find it odd that blizzard would rather cater to the 4 mil subs they have now, at which id say half are casual players vs the 11 mil hardcore players that were held all the way up until cata, when servers were merged, talent trees simplified, grinding didnt mean shit, flying where ever you wanted to, lfg, and lfr.

Also explains why when they advertised "Outlands, and Burning crusade, all that old nostalgic shit" when WoD was being released. People thought they were going to get the play a modern day Burning Crusade, and the subs jumped up to 11 mil on release which is the biggest sub jump of any xpac release, only until shortly everyone realized it was nothing like TBC, and reverted back to 5mil.

Edited by Zaxalx
Gatorade likes this
13 hours ago, hamsham12 said:

I resubbed 2 days ago then immediately refunded it, I'm probably the highest rated/most experienced person on these forums and I can tell you current state wow blows cock, not only for pvp but pve as well they released that new raid at the start of the season with no plan to add on or put out any new content until legion... Blizzard truly are lazy fucking cunts. Also I'm one of the "lucky" people who had both access to the alpha and as well as the closed beta for legion and let me be the first to tell you it looks absolutely fucking awful the game is even more simplified than before and for anyone that wants to enjoy wow again your best bet is if blizzard does legacy servers. 

As for my opinion and of course everyone is entitled to their own in terms of expansion this is how my list goes...FOR ME:

wotlk>mop>bc>cata>wod

also for those of you interested in beta the current health pool of most classes are 2million....2 fucking million..rofl wtf

/endrant

PvP honestly ended after BC, BC arena seasons were the most fun. 

as for legion I've been playing the Beta, and honestly it's been great so far. The artifact weapons resemble the old talent trees, and most of the old talents look really situational so thank fucking good there isn't going to be a fucking cookie cutter build that everyone is forced to play or else perform like siht. PvP looks revamped with the new prestige system but they seriously need to bring back world PvP.  I've been raid testing and the raids are butt fucking hard, but that's probably cause it's a pug. They should honestly try to do something like Throne of Thunder or Ruins of Ahn'Qiraj where the whole server has to progress to unlock the raid.

Sure, WoW will never be Vanilla ever again, but at least they are trying to damage control WoD and make gains.

12 hours ago, Zaxalx said:

People like to feel accomplished when they get gear/mounts/etc, you dont get that feeling anymore with the new wow, its dumb. 

Also you see a lot of people want WoW to be like it was back in Vanilla/tbc, because thats when sub counts were at its highest, and there was no doubt that literally every one of those 11 million subs back in TBC were all "Hardcore gamers" Not casual. So people just find it odd that blizzard would rather cater to the 4 mil subs they have now, at which id say half are casual players vs the 11 mil hardcore players that were held all the way up until cata, when servers were merged, talent trees simplified, grinding didnt mean shit, flying where ever you wanted to, lfg, and lfr.

Also explains why when they advertised "Outlands, and Burning crusade, all that old nostalgic shit" when WoD was being released. People thought they were going to get the play a modern day Burning Crusade, and the subs jumped up to 11 mil on release which is the biggest sub jump of any xpac release, only until shortly everyone realized it was nothing like TBC, and reverted back to 5mil.

partly due to the internet and access of information, everything was hard back then because no one knew what the fuck to do, you had to learn from other players how to accomplish things. Barely any youtube guides, no wowhead, no wow wiki, nothing to help you, you had to rely on players in game. Now all you have to do is watch Youtube videos of Mythic HFC to raid and instantly do good.

10 minutes ago, john_gotti said:

as for legion I've been playing the Beta, and honestly it's been great so far. The artifact weapons resemble the old talent trees, and most of the old talents look really situational so thank fucking good there isn't going to be a fucking cookie cutter build that everyone is forced to play or else perform like siht. PvP looks revamped with the new prestige system but they seriously need to bring back world PvP.  I've been raid testing and the raids are butt fucking hard, but that's probably cause it's a pug. They should honestly try to do something like Throne of Thunder or Ruins of Ahn'Qiraj where the whole server has to progress to unlock the raid.

Sure, WoW will never be Vanilla ever again, but at least they are trying to damage control WoD and make gains.

maybe so, but im not a fan of artifact weapons in pvp, and im definitely not a fan of 2million health pools, as for PvP the game just looks shitty...very fucking bulky and annoying 

9 minutes ago, john_gotti said:

partly due to the internet and access of information, everything was hard back then because no one knew what the fuck to do, you had to learn from other players how to accomplish things. Barely any youtube guides, no wowhead, no wow wiki, nothing to help you, you had to rely on players in game. Now all you have to do is watch Youtube videos of Mythic HFC to raid and instantly do good.

Its not so much the information you can get about the raids and shit, people knew the mechanics back then, but the mechanics back then had sense of RNG in them and 100% required gear. People knew what they had to do on a raid boss but simply couldnt exceed past it because they would be lacking a piece or 2 of gear. Now days you can literally do a raid in the lv 100 boost Green gear.   Raid progression times went from 200 days, to 24 hours in wod. 

14 minutes ago, john_gotti said:

Honestly PvP rather than ended in BC, was actually beginning. Back then glad was like 1700 rating, and thats with 11 mil subs, people just didnt PvP as much back then due to the time you actually had to put into raids and such, it wasnt something you could do like today where you just finish the raid in 3 hours and go que some arenas, and when people did finish their raid locks they would spend their day grinding rep because back then it meant something to have gear from some vendors.

Id say PvP actually started getting big in Cata, maybe wotlk, but Cata you could really tell the amount of people that left PvE to PvP, and it was also a lot more balanced that BC, in BC you can literally just one shot shit as any class.

Edited by Zaxalx
21 minutes ago, hamsham12 said:

@hamsham the idea of artifact weapons does suck in PvP, but I think they are trying to balance that with the honor talents and prestige system. as for the 2 million health pools, not sure if Blizzard can even squish numbers any more (not sure to be honest), because if they squish too much lower level numbers start becoming so small they are decimals. I completely agree PvP is bulky, espeically with the new animations and lack of situational spells.

19 minutes ago, Zaxalx said:

Its not so much the information you can get about the raids and shit, people knew the mechanics back then, but the mechanics back then had sense of RNG in them and 100% required gear. People knew what they had to do on a raid boss but simply couldnt exceed past it because they would be lacking a piece or 2 of gear. Now days you can literally do a raid in the lv 100 boost Green gear.   Raid progression times went from 200 days, to 24 hours in wod. 

Honestly PvP rather than ended in BC, was actually beginning. Back then glad was like 1700 rating, and thats with 11 mil subs, people just didnt PvP as much back then due to the time you actually had to put into raids and such, it wasnt something you could do like today where you just finish the raid in 3 hours and go que some arenas, and when people did finish their raid locks they would spend their day grinding rep because back then it meant something to have gear from some vendors.

Id say PvP actually started getting big in Cata, maybe wotlk, but Cata you could really tell the amount of people that left PvE to PvP, and it was also a lot more balanced that BC, in BC you can literally just one shot shit as any class.

you 100% still require gear for mythic. you can't clear HFC mythic in boosted green gear. you need at least 720 iLVL from heroic before going into mythic. who gives a fuck about LFR, that's for the damn casuals to only see the progression. raid progression is honestly the same for mythic and original vanilla raids. Nax pretty sure was cleared in 3 months by the best PvE guild, and HFC took about 1 months and a week by Method. not that big of a difference if you look at the size of the raids. and RNG? you mean buggy ass vanilla raid mechanics.

yeah PVP has turned to shit, BC was fun IMO because every class was balanced. Every expansion was terrible in terms of balance, actually WoD feels pretty balanced compared to MoP, Cata and WoTLK

Edited by john_gotti
19 minutes ago, john_gotti said:

@hamsham the idea of artifact weapons does suck in PvP, but I think they are trying to balance that with the honor talents and prestige system. as for the 2 million health pools, not sure if Blizzard can even squish numbers any more (not sure to be honest), because if they squish too much lower level numbers start becoming so small they are decimals. I completely agree PvP is bulky, espeically with the new animations.

you 100% still require gear for mythic. you can't clear HFC mythic in boosted green gear. you need at least 720 iLVL from heroic before going into mythic. who gives a fuck about LFR, that's for the damn casuals to only see the progression. raid progression is honestly the same for mythic and original vanilla raids. Nax pretty sure was cleared in 3 months by the best PvE guild, and HFC took about 2 months and a week by Method. not that big of a difference if you look at the size of the raids. and RNG? you mean buggy ass vanilla raid mechanics.

yeah PVP has turned to shit, BC was fun IMO because every class was balanced. Every expansion was terrible in terms of balance, actually WoD feels pretty balanced compared to MoP, Cata and WoTLK

if you think that raid progressions now are the same as they were in vanilla. goes from 150 days in vanilla, to 1 day in mop, to literally everything in WoD was less than 10 days to complete.

Edited by Zaxalx
2 hours ago, john_gotti said:

@hamsham the idea of artifact weapons does suck in PvP, but I think they are trying to balance that with the honor talents and prestige system. as for the 2 million health pools, not sure if Blizzard can even squish numbers any more (not sure to be honest), because if they squish too much lower level numbers start becoming so small they are decimals. I completely agree PvP is bulky, espeically with the new animations and lack of situational spells.

you 100% still require gear for mythic. you can't clear HFC mythic in boosted green gear. you need at least 720 iLVL from heroic before going into mythic. who gives a fuck about LFR, that's for the damn casuals to only see the progression. raid progression is honestly the same for mythic and original vanilla raids. Nax pretty sure was cleared in 3 months by the best PvE guild, and HFC took about 1 months and a week by Method. not that big of a difference if you look at the size of the raids. and RNG? you mean buggy ass vanilla raid mechanics.

Classes are somewhat 'balanced' doesn't mean PvP is good, look at arma for a perspective:

Cops and Rebels are somewhat 'balanced' but doesnt mean that their combat is good..

Every spec/class is playable to an extent, but some classes mesh and synergize better with other classes than most, for example me being a resto shaman, every 2/3 games I fight DK/Feral/Hpal, do you understand how hard and how well I have to play to even get close to beating that? And how awful and shitty they can be and still win, the game is redundant and requires no actual skill, every CD I use is to counter their CD's and every CD they use is to counter mine, the game is so fucking boring and the only reason I played WoD for so long was hopes of competing in tournaments which Blizzard promised and never came...sick game, now all my partners are fucking banned because Blizzard's banning system is a joke.

• 7 months later...