Vehicle Despawns When I'm Near It

amart97

Hey everyone, I guess I'm kind of new here, but I've been excavating west of Sofia, close enough I can swim to shore and store my crap in a truck.  Normally when I come back up with stuff I've gathered, my truck is there.  Sometimes, however, my truck has randomly despawned, along with everything in it, when I come back up.  Is this something I can prevent or an issue server-side?  I don't believe I'm ever going far enough away to force my vehicle to despawn...but I could be wrong.

Thanks!

12 hours ago, Midamaru said:

You sure someone didn't steal it? It's a common thing to steal excavating people their truck when they're underwater. 

Otherwise interacting with it per inventory you fill is more than frequent enough to keep it from despawning. 

I'm fairly certain no one stole it.  I had an alarm on it and a tracking device.  Didn't hear the alarm go off and when I went back to the surface and it wasn't there, the tracking device simply wasn't on my map anymore showing me the truck's location.  Which, I guess might mean it could've been chopped, but I don't think I was underwater long enough for someone to steal it without me hearing the alarm and drive to a chop shop.  Always a possibility with this game, though.

15 hours ago, Scott said:

Easier way to ensure it won't despawn is just run up and press t and open the trunk and go back to what you were doing. It despawn after 10 minutes of no activity with it, not from you being far away from it.

That's what confuses me, I put some items in the inventory with t, went underwater for maybe 3 or 4 minutes at most, and it was gone.