Increase Speeding Charge

The idea is to make it so if a cop decides to do radar, He can charge 100$ for every 10kmh over. The auto radars in towns would still only add 2$

Not every second on cop needs to be checking heroin, shooting up bad guys. A 2$ ticket doesn't make much sense to waste your time shooting radar, It would be fun to do stuff real cops do.

Please no hate just an idea.

Frizzy and Gubber Flexx like this
2 minutes ago, Hypanius said:

"But sir you caught me doing 91 kmph on the highway.  You still going to charge me $100?"

Can see that happening.

I'm talking about in terms of speed cameras. automatic 100 no matter the speed

In terms of policing I think cops should charge a person 100 for every 10kmph over the speed limit.

I believe the reason speeding tickets are in asylum is two reasons (this is my opinion and im only speaking for myself):

First reason, Realism.  Asylum is a RP server and adding elements of realism (such as speeding cameras) can always change RP situations. Understandable why they added speeding cameras.  But if asylum calls itself a soft core server, why is it adding such a specific real feature.  Most players have fun and go place to place and kill someone in a few minutes rather than ten minutes thats what makes asylum A LOT of fun, and separates from other RP servers.  Speeding cameras just ruin that fast pace action and travel.  

Second reason, Giving officers an advantage.  Asylum loves giving officers an advantage and giving someone a two dollar speeding ticket because they are trying to get somewhere quickly gives the officer a lot of rights that he didn't have on you before due to a $2 charge. Maybe it was to combat drug runners or cause more roleplay situations but whatever it is intended for, it isn't working.  

asylum game play style is supposed to be quick paced and have these roleplay moments that are quick and witty yet combat is easily found and is fun.  Speeding tickets are an annoyance.  All they do is flash white on your screen and make officers pull you over.  Most RP situations involving speeding tickets take 2 minutes, the cop stops the player wasting his time, then the player will something like "Sorry" or "It was an accident".  This happens until the player gets another speeding ticket 2 miles down the road.  Does anybody really care that speeding tickets exist? No.  Will stubborn LT's comment "It supposed to be realistic" and get butt hurt? Yes, even though it is a SOFT CORE server.  Do speeding tickets really stop people speeding and cause FUN AND WACKY SITUATIONS?  Fuck no.  Its a feature that is redundant and its intended use will never be fulfilled and making a change like this will make it even worse.  

EDIT:   TLDR:  Speeding tickets are redundant, cops are OP, and increasing tickets wont change shit

Baked Potato likes this
17 hours ago, Armando Muchacho said:

I believe the reason speeding tickets are in asylum is two reasons (this is my opinion and im only speaking for myself):

First reason, Realism.  Asylum is a RP server and adding elements of realism (such as speeding cameras) can always change RP situations. Understandable why they added speeding cameras.  But if asylum calls itself a soft core server, why is it adding such a specific real feature.  Most players have fun and go place to place and kill someone in a few minutes rather than ten minutes thats what makes asylum A LOT of fun, and separates from other RP servers.  Speeding cameras just ruin that fast pace action and travel.  

Second reason, Giving officers an advantage.  Asylum loves giving officers an advantage and giving someone a two dollar speeding ticket because they are trying to get somewhere quickly gives the officer a lot of rights that he didn't have on you before due to a $2 charge. Maybe it was to combat drug runners or cause more roleplay situations but whatever it is intended for, it isn't working.  

asylum game play style is supposed to be quick paced and have these roleplay moments that are quick and witty yet combat is easily found and is fun.  Speeding tickets are an annoyance.  All they do is flash white on your screen and make officers pull you over.  Most RP situations involving speeding tickets take 2 minutes, the cop stops the player wasting his time, then the player will something like "Sorry" or "It was an accident".  This happens until the player gets another speeding ticket 2 miles down the road.  Does anybody really care that speeding tickets exist? No.  Will stubborn LT's comment "It supposed to be realistic" and get butt hurt? Yes, even though it is a SOFT CORE server.  Do speeding tickets really stop people speeding and cause FUN AND WACKY SITUATIONS?  Fuck no.  Its a feature that is redundant and its intended use will never be fulfilled and making a change like this will make it even worse.  

EDIT:   TLDR:  Speeding tickets are redundant, cops are OP, and increasing tickets wont change shit

I believe that while on slow nights speeding tickets help increase RP situations and that is what SOME police are playing for. Some of my best RP experiences are from random stops. In fact police can make up a RP story as to why they pulled you over you do not even have to be speeding. I think that raising the speed limit pricing while using the radar gun is a good idea because it gives cops an actual incentive to pull that thing out and use it. (In terms of money) If anyone feels that cops are OP they need to start making actual suggestions on how to fix/balance things. In my opinion things like this may be tedious to be pulled over for but at the end of the day we are all on this server because we enjoy to socialize, roleplay, kill people, and encounter police vs rebel play. (Maybe more reasons too) I think that things can be added to make more tedious cop encounters like failure to use turn signals and failure to use headlights and failure to use seatbelt.

Jalapeno likes this
On ‎8‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 3:47 PM, Heidelberg said:

It would kinda suck if a guy is doing 100 km/h in a town, which will then give the police probable cause to search him, all due to that increased speed. It would make the speeder think twice about speeding in town, but I'm not sure whether the majority of people will be feeling about that. 

Well if you know going 50km/h over the speed limit will give an officer PC, then don't do it.

Edited by Phil.
On 8/14/2016 at 4:04 PM, Armando Muchacho said:

I have a hemmet full of meth going to sell it, I have headphones on listening to music BOOM I die from a cop in a HELI that shot me for a 2$ ticket because I dident pull over like wtf

11 hours ago, Nicolas March said:

I have a hemmet full of meth going to sell it, I have headphones on listening to music BOOM I die from a cop in a HELI that shot me for a 2$ ticket because I dident pull over like wtf

Cops do not shoot to kill for speeding tickets if you are getting lethaled it is for a bigger reason than that. Or should I say they are not supposed to.