NETGEAR WNA3100 & WINDOWS 10 DRIVERS

if anybody has has a solution to my problem, please give me some insight.... 

Basically, the driver disconnects completely randomly it seems, whenever i'm using the internet...(whenever i don't use it, it seems to be perfectly fine of course, driver always runs and is connected) I have installed all the updates for it, it's in a USB 2.0 and the drivers are all installed correctly...

But it still disconnects constantly while just doing anything online... Usually whenever i try to watch HD movies/videos or upload things.... This has been plaguing me for so long, and i've spent hours googling and trying out different things that fixed others problems.... So far, no luck....  There are still tons of people having this issue and netgear has yet to resolve, therefor, i've literally made 20 sock google accounts and gave them a shitty review on all of them.... 

If you have a solution to this, or ideas (short of buying a whole new usb wifi adapter), please help me out....  

And no, i can't connect directly to the router, it's downstairs, i'm upstairs.

How's your SNR? What channel are you running your wifi on? Are you in a crowded area? Most routers default to channel 6 so try changing to channel 2 (or any other channel other than default) to remove the interference factor.

EDIT: Also, what is the distance between your router and PC? 2.4ghz or 5ghz?

Most people think that routers have a perfect circle around them in which wifi is present and EQUAL. That is not the case. I've stood within 3 feet of a router to a side of it and was not capable of having wifi but if I rotated the router 2 inches, I would have it.

Edited by Çhur¢h
14 minutes ago, Çhur¢h said:

How's your SNR? What channel are you running your wifi on? Are you in a crowded area? Most routers default to channel 6 so try changing to channel 2 (or any other channel other than default) to remove the interference factor.

EDIT: Also, what is the distance between your router and PC? 2.4ghz or 5ghz?

Most people think that routers have a perfect circle around them in which wifi is present and EQUAL. That is not the case. I've stood within 3 feet of a router to a side of it and was not capable of having wifi but if I rotated the router 2 inches, I would have it.

that's not the issues at all, i don't have a problem of disconnecting from wifi, or low signal, the drivers themselves are disconnecting completely....

3 minutes ago, Thomas said:

I had this issue and solved it by buying a Power line Adapter. Works almost as good as having a wired connection into your router by using your electricity.
http://www.tp-link.com/en/products/list-18.html

i've seen these, i always thought they were more of a scam or placebo effect than actually doing something...

but i may give this a try out... but they're expensive as fuck, for most of them, i might as well buy a whole new adapter.

1 minute ago, Jaylen Sarrett said:

i've seen these, i always thought they were more of a scam or placebo effect than actually doing something...

but i may give this a try out... but they're expensive as fuck, for most of them, i might as well buy a whole new adapter.

I got mine free when i bought something quite a while back its worked flawless for around 1 and a half years.  Works great if your signal is not very strong using wireless. 

Think they cost around £30 ish to buy though. 

Edited by Thomas
1 minute ago, Thomas said:

I got mine free when i bought something quite a while back its worked flawless for around 1 and a half years.  Works great if your signal is not very strong using wireless. 

Think they cost around £30 ish to buy though. 

my signal is strong... that's not the issue.... as i stated above.... The issues is the drivers themselves... Or atleast, that's my theory.... i guess it could be my PC... but looking at netgears forums in regards to this issue, that seems not to be the case

16 hours ago, Jaylen Sarrett said:

it does get pretty hot, is there anything i can do to prevent this?

16 hours ago, Jaylen Sarrett said:

it does get pretty hot, is there anything i can do to prevent this?

I am not sure, I just use to have the same product and it was fine when I did anything low bandwidth and then as soon as I would try to stream or anything like that with high bandwidth it would disconnect for awhile and then come back a few minutes later.. not sure if it was overheating or not never really bothered to check