DDOS Protection

(To preface this, I am immensely grateful for all of the hard work the admins and staff put into keeping Asylum alive and awesome.)

Server two has been going down nearly every night for the past two weeks due to DDOS attacks/hackers. It's gotten to the point where whenever I log in I wonder whether it's worth it or if I'm just going to lose a bunch of money from the server crashing. I don't know the extent to which the servers currently have DDOS/hacker protection, and I recognize it's a very complicated and difficult task to do so, but I was wondering if it would be possible to be able to donate specifically to a fund to get some form of DDOS protection.

Sandra Bollock likes this
Just now, Fash said:

Just to reiterate, this isn't meant to be an admin-bashing thread. I mainly made it to see if there's anything the players of the server can do to help keep the servers up.

A non-sarcastic answer would be as far as we've been told we have 'the best' that we can get/afford. If you truly want to help I guess donating or buying loot crate keys would be the best way. :shrug:

2 minutes ago, Furnie Mack said:

A non-sarcastic answer would be as far as we've been told we have 'the best' that we can get/afford. If you truly want to help I guess donating or buying loot crate keys would be the best way. :shrug:

Yeah, thus my suggestion of some way to make sure funds donated are used for security. Heck, even if they're used for legal fees to go after the people ddosing. Although there are obviously problems implicit with each of those ideas. I just hate feeling helpless against this stuff.

Edited by Fash
Sandra Bollock and Furnie Mack like this

not just a salty kid problem best thing to do all though u might not like it is support and keep playing 

i was admin on another dayz mod community we had 3 50 slot servers when we got so high in rankings think to slot 12 on game tracker we started getting ddos

they attacked our ts website and servers we paid for best ddos we could get and still it kept happening it didnt stop untill we got knocked back to around rank 80-100

which made us belive it was another community that seen how fast we got up ranks in a couple of months though that is just a theory

ps was not just all on one server either we had two dedicated servers at two different locations

Edited by Sandra Bollock