Hello There

Destion

So, My first few days in Altis have been interesting..  Just a short story for you:  After scrounging around in the streets of Althiris? I came to realize I wasnn't going to be able to make money fast, not fast enough. So i ran to the cocaine fields to score some drugs.. The place was abandoned, and nothing there.. A car left just before I got there , so they must have cleaned the place out..  After running back up the hill to get back on my quad bike... It was gone!!  Stolen?  I could have swore I locked it... So now what??  I decide to run to some lonely gas station out west and rob it!!  That should give me some spending money!!  On my way there some guy name Blake runs into the woods to chase me down, but he was harmless thank goodness.. Oh !  Also I almost got killed by bounty hunters at an abandoned gas station I was trying to rob.. that was hysterical.. but they were nice too.. Didn't kill me anyway... So I am almost to the Gas station that can be robbed.. before my foot gets to the pavement , I see 5 cop cars, sirens a blazing..Apparently someone beat me to it... so I just run through the neighborhood, its dark and scary.. A few other cop cars come through, I am suspiciously running between houses to hide... Officer Grimm Reaper finds me...  He stops me and checks me out.. notices I have nothing against me.. offers to give me a ride to Kavala... Very honest, good cop... Probably changed the way I will go in the world of Altis.... Thanks Grimm!!  And to the others that didn't kill me!  Things are looking up in Kavala!!    ...   Destion.. 

On 11/10/2016 at 8:16 AM, Heidelberg said:

Nice to know you had fun times, welcome to the community. One tip; stay out of Kavala, you'll know why if you spend a day there.

But make sure to follow all rules and guidelines, and you'll find your way around ;)

I feel like one day I should just strip of everything important and just go down to kavala.

I know now it's a hellhole but since I purposely never spawned there I have no real idea what it actually feels like.

Why is it so bad? Why isn't every other city just as bad?

5 minutes ago, Aether said:

I feel like one day I should just strip of everything important and just go down to kavala.

I know now it's a hellhole but since I purposely never spawned there I have no real idea what it actually feels like.

Why is it so bad? Why isn't every other city just as bad?

It's a hellhole since the major part of the population spends most of it's time doing one thing; making your day ten times worse, if your mentality at that given time is to increase your wealth. Otherwise, it's a fun town being a peaceful quiet town the first minute and turn into a battlefield the other minute. You can't predict whats going to happen, but you know it's not good.

The fact that the other cities are less populated decreases the chances of you getting killed out of nowhere, blown up, kidnapped by crooked bounty hunters and etc.

Edited by Heidelberg
Aether and Miles like this
44 minutes ago, Aether said:

At the same time though, if you take care of your priorities beforehand and you know you're just going there with that expectation...

I think it would be pretty funny. I would just act disgustingly over the top when I meet people haha.

The thing is that most of the people, and the newest to arma or Asylum spawn there cause its the first on the selection screen, causing a lot of people breaking the rules to be in that town, this doesn´t means that there is not any other people RDM or VDM in other towns, but Kavala is where the most are. 

If you go just to have some fun and see how it is, just always have a rook. and just see the mayhem happening, from a safe position, also I can reccomend trying to do some money in there ( just for the adrenaline of getting RDM or robbed with 15k) 

and as Hedelberg said, it could be a war zone, or as calm as a rainy day in bed watching Netflix.