Mass kicks - Police custody

currently with the servers acting up as they are with mass kicks every so often I have found myself in the situation where I am restrained by a cop talking about my charges in HQ, then boom mass kick 20 people get kicked off the server I get back in and have to spend 45 minutes in jail. Possibly add a system to where if a certain amount of people get a kick for the same reason (Battle eye client not responding) anyone in police restraints will not be sent to jail after logging back in. It's quite tedious to sit in jail for 45 min because of server issues. 

drex, Zachary, FudgeR and 1 other like this

Arma itself doesn't provide any tools besides its simple console to check for BattlEye kicks, so coding a system like that would probably involve 3rd party tools or similar things. Even though, if it was possible, that would also involve a lot of work and time. I don't think it would be worth it.

My suggestion is that you get in touch with your processing officer and explain him the situation. Ask him for a pardon. If he comes with that bullshit "only an admin can do it", go talk to a higher up and show him a screenshot. He'll probably tell the officer(s) to give you a pardon anyway.

Edited by BlackShot
Atra and Mr. Linux like this
4 hours ago, BlackShot said:

Arma itself doesn't provide any tools besides its simple console to check for BattlEye kicks, so coding a system like that would probably involve 3rd party tools or similar things. Even though, if it was possible, that would also involve a lot of work and time. I don't think it would be worth it.

My suggestion is that you get in touch with your processing officer and explain him the situation. Ask him for a pardon. If he comes with that bullshit "only an admin can do it", go talk to a higher up and show him a screenshot. He'll probably tell the officer(s) to give you a pardon anyway.

The amount of times ive called cops back after mass kicks and gotten the response "to bad sucks for you haha" is insane and ive also gotten the response "I don't think im allowed to do that" 

7 minutes ago, WilliamS said:

The amount of times ive called cops back after mass kicks and gotten the response "to bad sucks for you haha" is insane and ive also gotten the response "I don't think im allowed to do that" 

Yep, it sucks. That's why I prefer explaining it to a higher up first. They'll tell the officers to do what they gotta do, and they can't really challenge the decision.

It's not something widely spread among the APD, so people - mainly Constables - will get a bit more heedful about issuing pardons like that. I'm an example myself. I think @Legit once called me and explained his situation (it wasn't about mass kicks at the time), but since I was new I told him to get in touch with an admin, which is kinda bullshit. (Sorry about it, Legit <3)

Edited by BlackShot
Mr. Linux and FudgeR like this

If i suspect a mass BE kick is inbound I un restrain the person I have in custody, 9/10 they just wait if they get kicked or I do, and continue to explain the charges when both are back in game, it's also another reason I don't restrain people turning them self in, unless I need to search etc, I know how it feels to turn your self in, then get kicked and have to spend 45m in jail :frog: this is my self solution to combat this problem.