Turtle Poaching - Help

Today i tried turtle poaching, but when i got out there, i would kill the turtle, but when i scroll wheel, it wouldnt let me take turtle meat. Do i need to do something? Like a talent, or buy a certain item at the store to allow me to gut the turtle.

Any help appreciated thanks.

Sometimes you just need to relog. You also need to make sure you have a skinning knife, enough inventory space, and whether you're in the zone or not. It's happened to me before, I either relogged or came back another time. Haven't had this issue on Tanoa, though. (it's a waste if you're turtle poaching on anywhere but Tanoa)

Edited by KumFoMe
apparently you don't need a skinning knife.

If it does not allow you to get turtles it's because your Y inventory is full. 

Turtle poaching is under rated and you can make tons of money. 

When you kill the turtle shoot it in the belly bellow the waist line one shot only. Make sure you have red gull or cocaine so that you never run out of stamina in the water. Stay inside the red circle if you kill a turtle out side the red circle you will not be able to get the meat. 

Also when you are in a red zone I don't like to use a boat because it can be seen from far and some one might wait for you at wongs. It's slow but the sub will keep you safe park it at the bottom and no one will know you are there. If another boat pulls up they will have no idea you are down there so you set up right under the boat and wait for them to jump in the water and kill them. Once they see you they will try and kill you. Finally my fav way to get turtles is killing people for it enjoy.

https://youtu.be/-Cj4qrX1hgI

A. Waldo likes this