Is the market flawed or am I missing something?

Kate

So here is the problem, we will use refined salt as an example.

According to the market app, you can buy salt from the market for $185.

wV1yhSO.jpg

When I go and talk to the trader he advertises the price to be $231.

RMxI6e1.jpg

But when you actually purchase the salt, it's an entirely different price. $360!

eLj96m7.jpg

What is up with this?

I have noticed this for a long time but just ignored it until now.

@bamf In your guide, you say "The number in parenthesis to the right of the selected item is the amount that you could buy that item for from the market currently."

Edited by Kate
Windmere likes this
4 minutes ago, bamf said:

The price in parentheses is the base price.  It is before things like demand and taxes are taken into effect.  I'd have to go look at the full formula again, but nothing there has changed so I presume it's still working correctly.  

Thanks for the reply. I didn't realize it was before demand and taxes. Would be cool if it was all calculated and displayed in the market app so you know exactly what you are going to be paying for the resource.

12 minutes ago, Kate said:

Thanks for the reply. I didn't realize it was before demand and taxes. Would be cool if it was all calculated and displayed in the market app so you know exactly what you are going to be paying for the resource.

I agree. Someday I'll make that happen, but back when I fixed it so you'd at least know what you would get when you sold a resource I ran into an issue. Maybe I'll pop back into that script and see what's going on. 

Kate likes this