Investments - Reinventing the legal market

Lets be honest, legal jobs have gone to the gutter for the most part. unless you are crafting, if you are going to a quarry it's for diamonds. I remember a time when sand, Iron, and copper had their very own mining locations and traders. Farming has had it's risk/reward system for a reason, the less risk the less cash. Peaches Vs. Meth, and everything in between. You could mine iron with less risk than diamonds because they were not as much of a target to robberies. Legal jobs are almost entirely null and only Salt, DP and diamonds are the things to do. So I have an idea to fix it.

First - Free the farms. Once again separate mining goods to their own homes. The next step would be to making them viable money makers, but in a better way than just "one farm to rule them all." Investments and stock marketing. You know, since the market is actually useless.

Allow the prices to be flexible based on a stock value similar to weapons. For example, we will use Iron. A low amount of Iron will result in high demand, allowing it to be sold by the farmer for a greater value than normal. However, a surplus in Iron would result in a low demand, yielding less cash value than average when sold.

What about investments? Well This would be something done at the Bank of Altis. (I mean really, you think a bank is just a target for robbery? Give those guys a job man.) You pay a cash amount forward towards a stock item (Iron, for example) to help further boost it's sold value to a degree. Say someone puts down $10K into Iron, and now when sold by others, you get a return back on your investment. This could be used when on high demand, you put forward invested money, and use that boosted value to your advantage by selling Iron, both yielding greater cash on selling it and getting return on your investment. This altogether could make certain minerals BETTER than others - even diamonds at different intervals. So maybe today sand is the way to make the best legal money, tomorrow it could be oil, or diamonds...

Who likes mathematical examples?! I do. Note this not a balanced reference.

Diamonds: | Surplus: 50% Value | Average: 100% value | High demand: 125% value | Maximum high value: 175%

Total Investment boost: +50% value

Investment boost per $: ?? $20K per 1% boost? ($1,000,000 to reach total boost %) maybe limit an investment to $100K per person to avoid floofing that market. Perhaps get up to 125% return on your investment. (Put in $100K, Once you get $125K returns, your investment boost is removed and you can collect your return at the bank of Altis. This would be a longer term plan as it could take days for you to get your returns back from other players doing those jobs.

Of course perhaps less profitable things could have larger high demand percentages like sand or copper which could go up to 175% or 200% allowing for a total of 250% price. (would that be too much? I don't know, I'm spit-balling, work with me.)

And the investment boost cost would obviously be high to make it a populous effort between legal job-doers and not make it so easy to one-man army a market.

Overall this is a complex topic that would be nothing of a small update, but I thought it was a cool idea that would give a breath of life to the game, making a dynamic, changing economy to the legal world of Asylum. So I am here to share! Tell me what you think. (and really, don't criticize my maths.)

Edited by Ghost0fDawn
DreamC likes this