Helicopter Warning Shots

1 minute ago, Buttercup said:

Your fine, if there was indeed an admin there and they thought it to be RDM you would be banned. 

Yea I agree.  I just wanted to get an admins actual insight on whether warning shots can be initiation since the admin in question said they are not initiation.  And of course we get the same blanket answer, of "case by case basis"

Just now, Wildcard said:

Yea I agree.  I just wanted to get an admins actual insight on whether warning shots can be initiation since the admin in question said they are not initiation.  And of course we get the same blanket answer, of "case by case basis"

What I think Gnashes was implying is that he would need to see the video.

If you sprayed 5 bullets from your mag and then instantly started shooting, he would ban you for RDM.

But if you fired warning shots and the players had time to react AKA they did by flying closer to you even though warning shots were fired, he wouldn't ban you. 

I don't think any admin is going to ban you for what you did as long as what you are saying happend. If someone fires warning shots at you, then you should be thinking oh shit myself and crew are in danger lets fly away. 

Maybe i'm wrong, maybe i'm right.

But i've never seen anyone get banned for doing this, and i've seen this happen many times.

On 2/24/2016 at 3:36 PM, Alex:) said:

They mean disable as in shoot the tail rotor out instead of disabling his head 

Where does it say that? It just says "disable" 

The pilot can also be disabled to in turn disable the helicopter. The helicopter can be mechanically disabled. See, if we go around on conjecture, that's a slippery slope to unfairness. It explicitly says "disable" without any limiters or description. The helicopter got disabled. The admin got mad.

Edited by goldee
31 minutes ago, Wildcard said:

No helicopter that receives warning shots that doesn't want to fight is going to land directly in front of the guy shooting.  I think my common sense can dictate that a helicopter of 6 cops in panagia means business when I am the only one there since I own the turf. 

My point is that this is why all cases are reviewed on a case-by-case basis and you better have video. There are tons of variables that go into play when initiating only via warning shots

18 hours ago, Murmurs said:

If you disable a heli, it does not automatically = death to all occupants. It falls on the skill of the pilot to safely land it.  Now, if you just open up on a Heli from the get go and disable the engine and they crash into death, that is rdm. My point was that sometimes you can't tell the shots were at you or where they came from. So if they began moving (unfortunately in the direction of the unknown shooter location) and said shooter just opens up on them because of their current vector. The shooter better be damned sure that heli was after him instead of just in the process of vacating the area. 5sec isn't long to get away

If the op is close with how high it was, I'm 90% sure you will not be able to land it safely, you need to fall a bit, holding Z before you "save up" enough lift to stop it from exploding on the ground. I don't normally fly m900's so I'm not quite sure the height you need to build it up. But in an orca, if you're under 100m, you're pretty much fucked.