Building a PC and Need Suggestions

Hey what's up guys :) So currently I have an MSI GT72 2QD gaming laptop and it is very impressive but I would very much like to build a desktop instead. First I need an estimate of what you guys think I could sell my current laptop for. secondly, I'd like suggestions on parts to get, especially the motherboard, CPU and the case. I also want to start recording an uploading to YouTube so that is also a factor. What I imagine my budget to be is the money I receive from selling my laptop plus $500. Thanks!!! :)    

Just now, JonSnow said:

I looked it up because I didn't believe it either but it is an extremely expensive laptop.... I hope his parents know he is selling it. 

Like 1200 dollars is absurd for any laptop at retail. Used in my opinion is always at most 50% retail. Unless it was like basically unused... MAYBE.

3 hours ago, General Butt Naked said:

Hey what's up guys :) So currently I have an MSI GT72 2QD gaming laptop and it is very impressive but I would very much like to build a desktop instead. First I need an estimate of what you guys think I could sell my current laptop for. secondly, I'd like suggestions on parts to get, especially the motherboard, CPU and the case. I also want to start recording an uploading to YouTube so that is also a factor. What I imagine my budget to be is the money I receive from selling my laptop plus $500. Thanks!!! :)    

To be honest your laptop may not be up-gradable. Im locked into 30fps or less sometimes because of stupid laptop that cannot be upgraded. 

23 hours ago, General Butt Naked said:

This thing is expensive right?