PMC - Removal of Medic

I was thinking that with the addition of talents for medical and first aid, we don't really need medics anymore. Furthermore it appears to me Medics tend to hang around Kavala the most (due to trolls) When you are in Sophia, The Salt Mine, Athira, You don't generally see Medics in these areas to assist Civs. 

I propose that we remove medics from the server and instead inact a PMC (Private Military Contractor)/ Civil Servants. Since officers are unable to directly protect Civs while pulling out a HEMTT or other large vehicle, a PMC could be paid for protection, or even some other form of Civilian protection that can post up in certain areas. Perhaps a Processing area or Mining area. Granted this would require alot of rules and regulations, perhaps even a Cop style line up. Maybe have them using only Rubber bullets for a start, that way the offenders can be brought to proper authority figures for processing. Custom vehicles, weapons, and uniforms. With a militaristic feel. 

I know SWAT was a thing, but it didnt seem to work out very well or really catch on. Maybe a PMC with white listed slots could become a huge development for the game. It could also provide Rebels with targets other than Police officers for acts of Terrorism. 

Another great aspect to this proposal is not only a comfort to the Citizens of Altis, but also provide additional support to the APD during intense fire fights (Federal Reserve Robberies, Prison Breaks)

6 minutes ago, Beenie said:

um. no

plus some gangs do this already or did in some fashion before hand. i know a couple gangs would force people running meth to pay them for the ability to run meth (kinda messed up) but would provide "protection" for those that paid them.

and the "protection" was just we wont kill you

1 hour ago, Demonoid1337 said:

I was thinking that with the addition of talents for medical and first aid, we don't really need medics anymore. Furthermore it appears to me Medics tend to hang around Kavala the most (due to trolls) When you are in Sophia, The Salt Mine, Athira, You don't generally see Medics in these areas to assist Civs. 

I propose that we remove medics from the server and instead inact a PMC (Private Military Contractor)/ Civil Servants. Since officers are unable to directly protect Civs while pulling out a HEMTT or other large vehicle, a PMC could be paid for protection, or even some other form of Civilian protection that can post up in certain areas. Perhaps a Processing area or Mining area. Granted this would require alot of rules and regulations, perhaps even a Cop style line up. Maybe have them using only Rubber bullets for a start, that way the offenders can be brought to proper authority figures for processing. Custom vehicles, weapons, and uniforms. With a militaristic feel. 

I know SWAT was a thing, but it didnt seem to work out very well or really catch on. Maybe a PMC with white listed slots could become a huge development for the game. It could also provide Rebels with targets other than Police officers for acts of Terrorism. 

Another great aspect to this proposal is not only a comfort to the Citizens of Altis, but also provide additional support to the APD during intense fire fights (Federal Reserve Robberies, Prison Breaks)

Medics are a non combative role. They go around and offer aid to the citizens of Altis.

The police have their role, protect the citizens of Altis from other citizens or even from themselves. 

Civilians have multiple roles. You can play as Rebel, bounty hunter, law abiding, pretty much whatever else you want.

If you want a PMC, make a gang and start one and run it however you like. If you want specialized weapons, and an enforced structure, join the whitlisted cop force.

Big Fred likes this
3 minutes ago, Spank said:

Medics are a non combative role. They go around and offer aid to the citizens of Altis.

The police have their role, protect the citizens of Altis from other citizens or even from themselves. 

Civilians have multiple roles. You can play as Rebel, bounty hunter, law abiding, pretty much whatever else you want.

If you want a PMC, make a gang and start one and run it however you like. If you want specialized weapons, and an enforced structure, join the whitlisted cop force.

but cops get better medic skills than medics :( 

3 hours ago, TheCrestedPenguin said:

No it wasn't i know BB protected the shit out of people running meth and fought cops for said people.

(atleast i think it was BB)

It was Synergy mostly, they had an organized sheet and everything.

2 hours ago, Miss Evo said:

but cops get better medic skills than medics :( 

Well, it is only 3 cops per server who have to be Precincted to the server(Corporal+).
Which means, it will usually be 1-2 guys unless server is stacked/has a higher up "squad" rolling on it.

How do you think this would balance on the server when people already complaining about Bounty Hunters being OP with 5.56 and Tac Vests?

I've played on servers with the kind of PMC's you're suggesting and they pretty much suck balance wise.
Rebel gear and role play can accomplish just what you want here without screwing up the balance.